Subaru WRX Forum banner

Please tell me the 2020 WRX wont look like a family wagon...

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  V-lad 
#1 ·
Read this today and was very disappointed. I hope it isnt true.
what do you guys think ?

#2 ·
First of all -- that would be incredible. Wagons are absolutely the best. And if you disagree... well you are apparently just to young to remember this beauty absolutely dominating BTCC

But sadly, no...

Subaru may be a small manufacturer but they have their marketing ducks in a row. They know that the North American market is the biggest consumer of "performance" Subarus and they also know that by-and-large, North America doesn't like wagons. I can dream though...

The article is in reference to the front fascia and design language of the next gen WRX/STI.

For example, the VA WRX/STI wasn't a wagon, but the Levorg (which is) incorporated the design elements of the WRX for its release in Japan. That's the argument being mad here: we see the Levorg first so that's a heavy indication of how the next gen WRX/STI may look.

#5 ·
Hmm..My current WRX is a 2012, and I'll be shopping for a new WRX in the next few years. If they look more like family wagons, and less like sports cars, I'll pick up a 2019.
When do you think they'll announce the new design/model ?
You should call Subaru and ask.

#7 ·
I'm not sure why you think any one of us has a clue on when they will be announced.

Historically, Subaru has announced at the Detroit Auto Show (it's been moved to June in 2020)
There's also the New York Auto Show in April of 2020

If that all fails, then Tokyo Auto Show is in October 2020.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.