Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
decorate your dorm room, or now how do you decorate your space? I'm curious. Please only serious responses I'm conducting a survey.

Would you have been more likely to put up a picture of a fat guy sitting on a keg being proud that he drinks, or more likely to put up something more inspirational, like a poster of Lance armstrong, a bassist from your favorite band etc.

If you choose something inspirational, please tell me what it's of.

·
Registered
293 Posts
In my apartment, we have pictures of sports people (Michael Jordan taking off from the free throw line), actors (James Dean - he's the pimp), Scarface (joo talkin to me mang?), the GT500 Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds, and a poster of Muhammad Ali. Oh yeah a calendar that the school gave us so we know when holidays are and school starts/ends.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My room is basically all music stuff. I have a fairly small room, but I manage to fit several amps, an electric drumset, a computer, a king size bed, and a large dresser. I literally have about 3 ft of space to walk around in. It is mostly decorated with CD covers, unfolded and taped up. I also have a place where I put to do stuff... like all my college essay prompts, things like that.

I am more likely to put up inspirational stuff, I suppose. I'm an aspiring musician, so my inspirational stuff is all the CD thingies.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
My room's full of posters, from anime to music. I also have a bunch of high school dance pictures up, and a few certificates on the wall. I don't spend much time actually in my room though.

My computer area on the other hand has a wallscroll, an autographed Cure CD sleeve, a picture of me with my ex, my college diploma, my Fender Strat and amp, and a little 3rd place trophy for my car. :)

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Small rooms suck!
My room is huge, biggest room in the house, bigger then the bathroom, my parents room and sisters room combined!

Anyways, I fit a desk, hamock, bed, futon, and shelf in there all at once!

Anyyyyywayyyyys,
I shot my wall full pf paintballs

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I subscribe to the spartan, feng shui mess style of decoration.

I have 6 Chinese characters in a vertical row representing (from top to bottom) love, happiness, tranquility, harmony, wisdom, and prosperity in the corner opposite my bed, plant hanging from the window, a statue of buddha at the foot of my bed, wooden sculptures that I made scattered around the room, a few candles of various sorts. The walls are pretty bare besides the 6 Chinese characters. I'm thinking of painting them a deep green.

BTW...Lance Armstrong rocks

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have only THREE things interesting in my room, everything else is furniture.

1) Chinese wooden pendant with "Fu" symbol and tassle
2) My authentic Katana from China
3) Godzilla toy from my childhood (he's holding the "H" symbol from my Si)

...ill get pics as soon as i can.

-Jae-

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
:eek: Wow aussie, that's amazing, awesome pad....me, i'm more of a 1710 kind of guy (that's the code for the commandant's instructions for students here). Clothes in the closet, dark to light, left to right.....books on the shelf, short to tall aligned to the dress edge...basically, it closely resembles a hotel room.

·
1,263 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
:eek: Wow aussie, that's amazing, awesome pad....me, i'm more of a 1710 kind of guy (that's the code for the commandant's instructions for students here). Clothes in the closet, dark to light, left to right.....books on the shelf, short to tall aligned to the dress edge...basically, it closely resembles a hotel room.
Thanks - BTW as for your situation -been there, done that!! Do your socks smile????

·
Super Moderator
1,984 Posts
Nice place. aussie. I especially like the arrangement of the smoke detector and the hand cuffs over the bed. Good fung shui [sp] there. ;)

Me? Well, haven't been in a dorm in year's, my room is full of my wife's sh!t that won't fit in the closet, so it is all over the place, and every other room has dolls, magazines, toys , and other assorted garbage strewn all over the place. :mad: :mad:

I live in the garage, with my TV only tuned to Speedvisione..err, SpeedTV, a 'fridge full of cold ones, a rocker, and my MG. But soon I'll need a heater.

Swede, my college dorm had a huge, about 8 foot long, Lord of the Rings poster (what goes around, comes around), Jimi Hendrix DayGlo poster, Barbie Benton with her tush hanging out ("Who?" they all say.) Olivia Newton-John, and candles cast in sand hanging from beaded rope. Ah, the seventies. :cool:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
This is where I dominate the world. My dorm room. My stuff is on the right hand side.

My inspiration comes from the posters. From left to right: cKy (band) then obviously Travolta and Jackson in Pulp Fiction, Kevin Spacey in American Beauty. Below him is Marlon Brando in the Godfather with Pacino.

Word up.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Dorm room shot #2. This is where all the fun happens...;)

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Triple Post....

Aussie, that is an awesome Pad you have going there!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Trailboss said:
Dorm room shot #2. This is where all the fun happens...;)
I see the clockwork orange poster...Doesn't that give you nightmares? Or do you like 'ultra violence'?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts