ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Well here's the the story. I have 03 wrx that engine seized up. An now I'm looking to get a engine to put in, and after reading my first plan was to do the hybrid 2.0 heads and 2.5 block. Then after reading and realizing that it will take to long for me and my uncle to do. The next plan after reading and speaking to a couple people on here the best and fast thing to do is the jdm swap v7 or v8 engines. But no! My uncle didnt feel safe doing it. So then we looked around then found out of a sti 2.5 engine for sale down in Miami. But before this I have been reading and lot people say don't do the 2.5 swap, but just do the 2.5 hybrid swap it's less headaches. Ok with that said, we then go down to Miami to speak to the guy. Then the guy tell the 2.5 swap would be a good and quick swap to do, so ok this is where my question comes in he says just swaping the intake manifold and to get the cam sensor angle bracket from cosworth for the acvs and get the wrx ecu tune for the car and it will work? So is there more I'm missing and what do I need to do this sti 2.5 swap easy, or should I go one of the other two routes?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
Going from any 2.0 to any 2.5 you will need wiring and mapping. Whether you need to concern yourself with the throttle and valve control depends on the donor motor.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Why would you not just rebuilt the 2.0L or just do a stroker kit? Way easier. You will be in over your head. Not trying to be rude,just giving you the simplest option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going from any 2.0 to any 2.5 you will need wiring and mapping. Whether you need to concern yourself with the throttle and valve control depends on the donor motor.
what would i need do in this swap? the 2.5 long block swap.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
what would i need do in this swap? the 2.5 long block swap.
Search "hybrid motor" or "hybrid build" and see what you think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts