ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0184.jpg IMG_0179.jpg IMG_0187.jpg

From what I could tell if I'm looking at the correct part it's aftermarket. Please let me know if it's stock since I'd upgrade it asap!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant see squat from those pictures.
Yeah I know the pics aren't the best but it is very hard to get a good clear shot with a camera or even looking. Is there an easier way to tell if its a stock uppipe like perhaps listening at the rpm the turbo starts spooling? Any advise would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
What year and model car, firstly?

Do you have a CEL?

If not, is there a resistor in the wiring harness?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
WinksRex said:
Its a 05 wrx and no check engine light. I don't know what you mean by a resistor in the wiring harness.
Look at the uppipe. There should be an EGT sensor in it if it's stock. If not, look on the passenger side strut tower for a resistor on the bottom "plug"...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay thanks for the help, there was no heat shield on my uppipe it was all a smooth cylinder but dirty.

Now that I won't need to purchase an uppipe what do you guys recommend for a performance gain? I already have a turboback exhaust and cobb accessport.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
by the first pic it looks as tho the wire harness clips that clip into the metal bracket that bolts onto the #4 cylinder coil have been broken or the metal bracket is gone.. Id say good possibility someone who is not very clean installing parts has been in there.. But like everyone else said you cant see the up pipe in those pics posted. that is an egr tube..

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Okay thanks for the help, there was no heat shield on my uppipe it was all a smooth cylinder but dirty.

Now that I won't need to purchase an uppipe what do you guys recommend for a performance gain? I already have a turboback exhaust and cobb accessport.

Performance as in more power? That depends on how much you want to spend. If the answer is, "not a whole lot" then I would recommend a 3-port EBCS, high quality TMIC (Process West and Spearco come to mind), and a protune. A little more money than just that? Add in port and polished exhaust manifold and TGV deletes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts