ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am new to this site. Im getting a 2002 WRX this wednsday. Dont really know much about them, but ive always loved them since the first day they came out. I was wondering if anyone could help me out in detail on what are some very good cheap most hp efficient mods i could get for this car, i was thinking about getting a turbo back exhaust system, but dont really know if i should trust ebay, even though they look legit. And a nice aftermarket blow off valve. I wouldnt know what else to get to begin...Please help. Thank you.:cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hello i am new to this site. Im getting a 2002 WRX this wednsday. Dont really know much about them, but ive always loved them since the first day they came out. I was wondering if anyone could help me out in detail on what are some very good cheap most hp efficient mods i could get for this car, i was thinking about getting a turbo back exhaust system, but dont really know if i should trust ebay, even though they look legit. And a nice aftermarket blow off valve. I wouldnt know what else to get to begin...Please help. Thank you.:cool:

DO NOT PUT A BOV ON YOUR CAR!!! lol sorry BOV's are very bad for our cars, they cause them to run rich during shifts.

If you get a TBE ( Down pipe DP + Cattback CB ) then you will need some sort of engine management flashing your computer to Stage 2. Cobb AP (Cobbtuning.com) is the easiest way to get to stage 2 but not the cheapest, you could go Open source tuning which is a little more in depth but allows for greater adjust ability + you can log your cars sensors. Ebay is fine to pick up a exhaust system, some like the CB's that are offered on there and then there are others like me that just get a DP from ebay and pick what ever CB you like.

Search around on here and read up for a week or 2 and just ge used to the car by the time your ready to mod the car you should have a good understanding of what is good for the car and whats not.

Good Luck and Welcome to the Boards.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome

Cross the BOV off your list, do a search and you will find out why.

You could also search for first mods, its covered literally at least once a day.

I think find yourself a good turboback and get an up pipe or gut yours, buy the cobb accessport and everything you need to go stage 2. Also some good brake pads and stainless steel lines are popular. Enjoy the car, you will love it

I also think some good springs are a nice mod to start, lower it a little. But dont get too much of a drop make sure your struts will live on

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
+1 to everything said above

and i can vouch for ebay exhausts. theres nothing wrong with them

i personally have the ERZ catback.. many people have the SR*S and have no complaints either

·
Registered
609 Posts
+1 to everything said above

and i can vouch for ebay exhausts. theres nothing wrong with them

i personally have the ERZ catback.. many people have the SR*S and have no complaints either
I have the SRS but cant vouch for its longevity, Id say if your in the north where it snows a lot spend the money on a higher quality exhaust. I'm in the process of a refund for my SRS after rusting when its supposedly all stainless.

Sounds great, and cheap though. If your in a better climate id definitely recommend it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts