Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Like title said my car doesn't start. I have parked about 1 week in my garage. I pulled code with my Delta Dash. It say P0335(crank shaft position sensor circuit malfucntion). What the h* is that? I never had this problem before. Does anyone have any idea? I have searched but not really helpful info.
Someone please help!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, obviously the sensor for the positioning of the crankshaft has a circuit malfunction. Lol. Sounds like something that needs to be serviced though, I wouldn't try to fix that myself unless I knew what I was doing. Good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
[johnny5] need input! [/johnny5]

I'm sorry to sound rude, but do you really expect us to be able to diagnose the cause of a crank sensor malfunction with absolutely no information about your car? For example, if you had just installed a lighted crank pulley, that might be related to your current situation. Please give us a little more info, such as current mods, anything you noticed before, during, or after the CEL turned on, previous vehicle issues, etc.

Give us more info and maybe (just maybe) we'll be able to help out.

Edit: After a quick search, I've determined that you're pretty highly modded. That said, your CEL could have been caused by any number of things. Does the car turn over when you turn the key or does it just sit there, not moving, like ********* waiting for ********** to mount him? :tongue: (Edited so Josh can stay in the closet.)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
djrez4 said:
Does the car turn over when you turn the key or just it just sit there, not moving, like Trailboss waiting for Timdog1650 to mount him? :tongue:
OMG:eek3:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
djrez4 said:
Does the car turn over when you turn the key or just it just sit there, not moving, like my d*ck after i've continually destroyed it practicing Dong-Fu?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.
Yes, djrez4
Like you said I have stage4 mods including GFB lighted pullies. I have had pullies almost 2 years now and never had any problems.
I parked car about a week without starting engine and my car just doesn't start with P0335. The crank is turning but not just firing. That's it.
Some of NASIOC guys said that I can try unplug and plug back in sensor then it might work. I tried that already but no luck. What can I do next? Please help!
Oh, I have Ecutek reflashed ecu anyway.
Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
trainrex said:
The sensor could have failed. I've seen it on other cars before. No sensy, no sparky:D
I have seen this problem om a few modded audi's Don't think it has anything to do with the mods in those cases, but anyway the sensor was faulty. The crank truns, but the engine does not get the information (sensor input) it need to start the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How hard to replace the sensor and how much does it cost? Anyone have any idea?
Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Don't think it's hard to replace. If you can borrow a sensor from a firend you can determin if the problem is the sensor or not.
It can be the sensor, it can be the wiring or it can be something completly diffrent :confused:

But try the sensor first.
See picture and you will get a clue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts