Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a JDM Intercooler Water Spray Button . The JDM buttons have an auto feature on them . I just dont know where to find one ! It fits in the stock location and uses the same plug . I know of one person that has one but I cant get them to respond to my e mail about it . If anyone has any info that would be great . Thanx for your time . Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you just call and ask for it because I cant find it on that wedsite ? Thanx for the info !

·
Registered
312 Posts
RST-8303 Ver.7 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $30

rallispec.com -> sport parts -> engine systems -> turbo & intercooling -> individual components

·
Registered
176 Posts
It doesn't sound like it includes everything you need. It sounds like you would need an external signal to trigger the "automagicness" of it:

RST-8303 Ver.7 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $30
RST-8304 Ver.4/5/6 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $24
This is an on-off type switch with indicator light for "on" position. For use as an arming switch in a boost or temperature activated automatic water spray system. Uses same style connector as cruise and fog lamp switches.

But hopefully I am wrong :)?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You push the button in and the sprayer is on . You push it in again and now it is off . Simple as that . No additional parts needed . It lights up when it is on too . :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's VERY easy. Pull the old switch out of the dash, unplug the harness, plug in the new switch, push it back in the dash. I think I had to pull a small plastic keyway out of the new switch but it couldn't have taken more than 3 minutes from start to finish. Just don't forget that you've pushed the button, it empties the whole water tank pretty fast :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you press the USDM I/C spray button a little longer, it would continue to spray until you press it again.

Enzo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry guys disregard my previous post. Went out and tested it. Did not happen, probably when I did it on the track the button just got stuck or something. Sorry again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I finally replaced the manual switch with that new auto water sprayer switch. The problem is, it's not heat/boost sensitive, it just keep spraying till the tank is empty. :confused1 Luckily I only spent $10 on it :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
it can be tied into an computer controlled situation (UTEC, etc.) where it acts as an arming switch (as already stated) - the comp detects a certain temp, sends a signal and sprays the I/C automatically. on it's own, it's basically a fast way to run out of water.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts