Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Subies! I have a 2019 WRX and my ac suddenly stopped working. Here's what happened, it had a recall for the fuel pump so i took it in and had that fixed and 2 months later my ac stops working. I took it in and 150.00 dollars later they tell me my whole ac compressor is dead and that it would cost 1200.00 to fix it. Apparently I have no warranty on itand I live in South Texas so needless to say it's a HOT ride! Any and all advise would be much appreciated. 馃檪

Registered
Buy a handy can at parts store.
They鈥檙e easy,& worth a try for the short haul.
A/c compressor will not run if there鈥檚 no Freon.
Look for signs of leaking around the easily visible connections with soapy water while you鈥檙e injecting Freon. Replace o rings where leaking. Try again injecting.
10mm socket,& a toothpick is all you need.
Easy job. Unless鈥. Lots of possibilities.
Didn鈥檛 work?
Might get $$$$

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have an update to my previous post. I had finally decided to trade in my WRX. I took it in and they gave me an appraisal for my car and nothing was mentioned about my ac not working. So I leave the dealership and my AC is freakin' working, what???? But it's driving like shit with it on. I don't know what's going on with it. Any advise or tips?

Little Homie
So I have an update to my previous post. I had finally decided to trade in my WRX. I took it in and they gave me an appraisal for my car and nothing was mentioned about my ac not working. So I leave the dealership and my AC is freakin' working, what???? But it's driving like shit with it on. I don't know what's going on with it. Any advise or tips?
You only need one post on the topic.

Off the top of my head it could be...

Too little refrigerant
Too much refrigerant
Bad compressor
Bad clutch
Bad relay
Bad switch on the climate control
Bad accessory belt
Blocked grill
Extreme temps

There is literally a thousand things it COULD be. I'd guess it doesn't matter, because they told you what it was and you'd rather pawn it off on someone else. Unless you have a really short loan term, or you paid cash, you trade in a car after 3 years and they are going to make that 1200 dollar ac repair look silly when your next car has an extra 10k dollar plus price tag associated with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts