ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 wrx with an hks cat back, exhaust depot downpipe, an AEM CAI, and futura tires on stock rims... so my question for you experts out there is what would you recommend to be my next performance upgrade (or series of upgrades)? i would like to spend under 1k$, if possible.

thanks in advance,

alex

·
Registered
352 Posts
The next step would be to get an uppipe (godspeed is nice)...and then you could get a Manual Boost Controller (boostvalve.com is nice). Thats a cheap way at it, make sure you have a boost gauge, if not you can pick up a used one from a wrx for about 100$. There are many other paths you can take...for example you could go with Cobb and do their stage setups. Whatever floats your boat, i recommend you search. This topic has been beaten to death!!! A true prodigy would have known to search ;).

-BobbyD

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Uppipe next

you do have a boost gauge, right?

Recommend that before you mess with boost.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You can go to AP Stage 2 right now, so I'd do that. Then, when you are up to it, work the uppipe issue if you want. You'll want to put the stock intake back on too.

You can also get a decent boost gauge for well under $100 if you look. Of course, if you get the AP, it has a gauge on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoops i guess i should have searched first, but since we're at it....

how about i get a vishnu ecu reflash and a vishnu up-pipe?... egt and boost gauges are being shipped

thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Vishnu flash is pretty good, but thier up-pipes or any of thier parts are way over priced. Just gut the stocker and spend that money on something else.

Everyone's been excited about the AccessPort just because it's about the same price as a flash, and when you get new parts that fit into the upgrade path you can flash a new map that's already stored in the AP.

Do you have good tires yet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes to tires; i have futura something or other... lol got them with the car.

btw, what's so wrong with the CAI? it looks so cool... :D

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
RussianProdigy said:
yes to tires; i have futura something or other... lol got them with the car.

btw, what's so wrong with the CAI? it looks so cool... :D

they ruin the afr...make our car run lean..atleast leaner than it should

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you're dead set on having an intake then I'd go with a Turboxs Shorty, or Perrin Short-ram. Just be aware that some of the Perrin's come shipped with a ton of oil on the filter and you'll need to pad dry some of it off.

I don't blame you for wanting an intake, I have one too. I got it cause I love all the new sounds associated with it. You just have to do a little homework with any part you buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts