ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so last week I dipped that trim piece around my hood scoop and also my back badges. As I was looking at my car I felt like it was missing something. So today I decided to plasti-dip my vents that are in front of the wheels and also the metal WRX trim piece that is in front of the doors. I apologize for the crappy pics and dirty car. I usually wash my car every Saturday but the forecast says rain!

I really feel like some new wheels would complete my "look". I want to get some Rota Grids 18'x8.5, I just dont know if the performance sacrifice is worth it... I would love to hear all of your opinions.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Indeed the roof looks awesome, it's different I have never seen anyone dip their trim pieces. What kind of paint did you use? What is next?

·
Registered
27 Posts
How does plasti-dip hold up to repeated washings??

I'm planning on hitting all the chrome pieces on my wrx with plasti-dip but wasn't sure if it would peel off with a good scrubbing...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed the roof looks awesome, it's different I have never seen anyone dip their trim pieces. What kind of paint did you use? What is next?
I used stuff called plasti-dip. It comes in a can just like spray paint but the cool thing is that it just peels off if you dont like it! Check it out on YouTube. Guys use it for wheels and all sorts of stuff. Next up I think I'm going to get a DP and go stage 2. At some point I'd like new wheels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does plasti-dip hold up to repeated washings??

I'm planning on hitting all the chrome pieces on my wrx with plasti-dip but wasn't sure if it would peel off with a good scrubbing...
I did my emblems on my mazdaspeed3 and they held up great for the 5 months I had it before it got totaled. I washed it at least once a week! The more coats that you put on the better.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's good that you can peel it off. To me it looks like you accomplished in making your car look like what a wrx would look like if they made a lower then base trim model. I also like the roof black but not so much the other stuff.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To each their own... that is one reason I used plasti-dip instead of paint. Just in case I do want to go back I can without too much trouble.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I really like everything but the scoop, idk it just stands out too much or something. I can't put my finger on it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm assuming you didn't remove the emblems to spray them? Correct me if I'm wrong.
No sir. I just masked the crap out of the rear of my car. I should have taken a picture. It looked like i was performing surgery!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like everything but the scoop, idk it just stands out too much or something. I can't put my finger on it.
I like it from some angles, others im not too sure. But I think Ill leave it for a while. Hell, maybe itll grow on me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I plasti-dipped my wheels!

just got back from a road trip through some wicked storms and they still look perfect. only 8 bucks a can! I did some of my intirior when i i had some left over and got the "what else can i plasti-dip urge"[/QUOTE]

Mmm Silver Bugeye... I like

1 - 18 of 18 Posts