ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some opinions on this before I give it the green light next week. Got my stainless bung in the mail today.

I picked up a catless Invidia. I was thinking of placing the bung about 8" from the downpipe side flange at about a 45 degree angle from the vertical, facing the passenger side.

I don't want to place it closer in fear of burning up the sensor. I don't want to place it farther to avoid measurement 'delays'. I assume a 45 degree is a good angle for it, as long as its past the 90 degree I think I am okay to avoid moisture buildup.

My main concern is if the downpipe will fit with the WB02 there. I don't want to block anything off incase I go with an EWG in the future, and I want to make sure I can get to it easily to allow it to calibrate time to time.

Any advice from experience?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
10-2 o'clock position when looking from the front of the car. As for distance from the turbo, RTFM (each manufacturer has their own recommendations). That said, 6-12" should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-2 o'clock position when looking from the front of the car. As for distance from the turbo, RTFM (each manufacturer has their own recommendations). That said, 6-12" should be fine.
Thanks.

Will either direction make getting to it for removal/calibration easier? I guess I'll just go down and scope it out tomorrow, but knowing me, chances are somebody here has done that and already made the mistake I'll make shortly =P.

Will post up with pictures and any comments I have on it afterwards for some reference for anybody else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts