Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my dilema. I just bought a STi 2.5 ltr short block, but i want to pull some serious power out of it, because i will be running the new APS turbo. I wanted to know which rods and pistons work best with the Soobies? Money really isn't an issue becuase i am going to do this right, no matter what the cost is. Also, does anyone know where i can buy a head for the car because i want to get another one and do like a race head with high lift cams, valves, titanium springs, shims, 5 angle valve job, ect.... So if you have any suggestions or know someone to goto (besides Cobb) let me know. You can find me on aim too at:

WRXsubaruPSI

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
968 Posts
Damn you're copying my idea ;), Ross pistons, Crower rods.

What APS turbo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW I own a black WRX too, but mine is custom widebody :D I also have the APS DR650 FMIC! :D Got to love APS! Do you know where i can find the Ross Pistons and Crower Rods?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
968 Posts
wrx42984 said:
BTW I own a black WRX too, but mine is custom widebody :D I also have the APS DR650 FMIC! :D Got to love APS! Do you know where i can find the Ross Pistons and Crower Rods?
Widebody? Uhm, post pics on that.

[email protected] can get you all that, tell them Jon sent you.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
DR65 is okay but my GT35R will slaughter it in power output. IN fact I have two new bolt on turbos that people will not believe. I have forged pistons available for the STi shortblock, BUT I have to wonder if upgrading the rods is worth it since to get monster strength I think solid deck is best. I carry 2.6 and 2.8 liter closed deck blocks for the BIG HP people but The STi block sleeves will probably cause more problems than the stock rods (which are forged and quite strong).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
968 Posts
God said:
DR65 is okay but my GT35R will slaughter it in power output. IN fact I have two new bolt on turbos that people will not believe. I have forged pistons available for the STi shortblock, BUT I have to wonder if upgrading the rods is worth it since to get monster strength I think solid deck is best. I carry 2.6 and 2.8 liter closed deck blocks for the BIG HP people but The STi block sleeves will probably cause more problems than the stock rods (which are forged and quite strong).
Any more info on the DR65 vs. GT35R? I am considering both turbos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
2.8L closed deck blocks you say eh...are the pics on your website because i can' find them...and how much do they run?

edit: question directed to Dan :)
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
I tested my Spec S turbo Friday but can not release details yet. The Spec R will undergo testing soon. Let's just say FP will NOT be happy when they see what my little doggies will do. WHat I can say is that they will be worth waiting for both in terms of value and in terms of power output/lag balance.
I will add the info on the blocks soon. I've just been too busy. I have spare STi blocks (with forged pistons swapped in) ready to go for the WRX guys now. I'm still figguring out prices but basically that is my Stage 1 block. The 2.8 liter is my stage 3. I'll get some more info up soon guys. SOrry, but I"ve been working everyday this week and yep working today too. Sigh. . . . .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
968 Posts
God said:
I tested my Spec S turbo Friday but can not release details yet. The Spec R will undergo testing soon. Let's just say FP will NOT be happy when they see what my little doggies will do. WHat I can say is that they will be worth waiting for both in terms of value and in terms of power output/lag balance.
I will add the info on the blocks soon. I've just been too busy. I have spare STi blocks (with forged pistons swapped in) ready to go for the WRX guys now. I'm still figguring out prices but basically that is my Stage 1 block. The 2.8 liter is my stage 3. I'll get some more info up soon guys. SOrry, but I"ve been working everyday this week and yep working today too. Sigh. . . . .
Sounds good Dan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
God said:
I tested my Spec S turbo Friday but can not release details yet. The Spec R will undergo testing soon. Let's just say FP will NOT be happy when they see what my little doggies will do. WHat I can say is that they will be worth waiting for both in terms of value and in terms of power output/lag balance.
I will add the info on the blocks soon. I've just been too busy. I have spare STi blocks (with forged pistons swapped in) ready to go for the WRX guys now. I'm still figguring out prices but basically that is my Stage 1 block. The 2.8 liter is my stage 3. I'll get some more info up soon guys. SOrry, but I"ve been working everyday this week and yep working today too. Sigh. . . . .
So you will release a new turbo soon? Is it going to be better and cheaper than the PE because I am saving up for the PE. How many liter is your stage 1?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Ross or CP Pistons
Pauter Rods

Serious power huh? How about ported & polished cylinder heads? perhaps a valvetrain upgrade? Just a thought.


-mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmmm definatly something worth thinking about. What about compression ratio? What do you think is the best to run? 8:1 or 8.5:1?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top