Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around town last night and there was a long stretch of road with a dotted yellow in the middle. I was behind a mustang hat was driving pretty slow for the stretch of road, going about 40. I was in a Volvo (i know this isn't a WRX vs. World, sorry :( ) and i decided to pass him. So a mile or so later, i slowed down to turn onto another street, and when he passed me, he shouted something and flicked his cigarette at my car. it almost went in, then rolled across the windsield then down onto the hook. F****** a**hole!!! What's wrong with some drivers today? :confused:

·
1,379 Posts
I wish I could say it was just the Northeast. Even down here in the deep South, where until the last decade politeness has been the rule of the road, folks are getting seriously rude. Just last week I was turning off of a major road, using my turn signal, when a woman in a Mercedes waiting at the intersecting stop sign screamed "use your signal, s--thead!". I'd had a seriously bad day, and almost pulled a handbrake turn, rolled up on her, got out of the car and in her face. :mad: I didn't, but I was ticked for the rest of the day.

·
2,210 Posts
This reminded me of something that ticked me a couple of weeks ago.

I was following some guy on a twisty country road on my commute home. The speed limit is 40mph, and he was driving a constant 35 (I like to drive this road, shall we say 'somewhat' faster). Anyway, the road is about 6 miles from start to finish. By the time we T'd out onto the main road, he had about 10 cars behind him. However, I had just sat patiently behind him the whole way as there was no safe place to pass (even though the law states he was obligated to pull over once he was holding up more than 4 cars).

Anyways, we pull onto the main road and I follow closely as I know that there is a long long straight around the oncoming corner. There are solid yellow lines in the road, however it makes little sense as this is a 100% safe place to overtake. The straight is about one third of a mile long. As we 'round the turn I move up behind the slower vehicle, and I note a Cherokee enter the straight travelling toward us. No problem, I have plenty of room to overtake, and I do so. I pass and pull in front of the slow driver, leaving plenty of room, and the Cherokee is not even close to us yet. However, as it approaches the (female) driver starts flashing her lights and flipping me off! As she is about to pass me I give her a big cheesy smile and wave, and she yells obscenities at me. I'm like, WFT! Big deal I overtook on a solid yellow. I suppose the b*tch is a saint who never breaks any minor traffic laws.

People just have bad attitudes when driving.

-Pace

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm

I also think that we find something wrong with every other person on the road. George Carlin puts it best when he said something like anyone driving slower than you is a total idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a total maniac.
Oh well...

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Here's what I do:
I just smile and wave to them- inside I'm telling them to [email protected]#$ off, but it really gets their blood pressure up if you just smile at them.
Jedimaster Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts