ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my alignment has eaten my tires again....so im going to buy tires online because i will NEVER go into a tire center again....im currently set up with 17" legacy rims (as seen here...http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=21_36_134_140&products_id=108 )

i did some research on here to see what tires everyone is happy with...seems like im deciding between pirelli pzero nero ms or toyo proxes4 or continental contiextreme contact

this is the size i think is right for my ride 215/45ZR17 for the pirelli's

just want to make sure im not making a big mistake with my tire money....any words to share before i purchase....these are going to be for summer track days and winter snow b/c i dont have room to store extra set of tires

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
I have the Pirelli pzero nero's. Love em, grip well and ride great. Haven't been in snow with them yet. Thumbs up from me. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Pirelli pzero nero's. Love em, grip well and ride great. Haven't been in snow with them yet. Thumbs up from me. :)
have you had trouble with flat spotting on your pirelli's

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
I was very happy with my Pirelli PNero Nero M&S tires. No problems what so ever.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Nope, no issues with mine either. I've had them on for about 5k miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump before i buy tomorrow morning

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm probably too late, but I would recommend the Toyo Proxes T1-R. I have those on my wife's Mazda6 and they grip very well and perform outstanding in the rain, too. Can't say for snow yet, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i had the nero m+s.. i loved them in the snow!

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
I got the Toyo's and they're nice.

·
Registered
842 Posts
p zero's. pirelli makes an excellent tire. i wouldn't even put the p zero in the same category as the toyo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i purchased my tires....i went with the continentals....i had this brand on the car when i bought it used and they were good tires till one got slashed...bah whatever....just waiting to get them in the mail...

today i went for an alignment...they said it wasnt off....but my tire wear would say otherwise....theres unusual wear all over them! the mechanic fine tuned the alignment for me :rolleyes: and charged me regular price :baaa: .putting the new tires on when they arrive from our clubwrx sponsor, the tire rack..and then the car will STOP pulling RIGHT as far as i know, otherwise im going to be posting my alignment spec sheet for troubleshooting

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I have not experienced this issue.
Doesn't happen right away, only after about 10k miles. I noticed it especially on my coworkers Vette. Quiet until 10k then became horribly loud. There are several reviews on teh web backing this up.

The Impreza is so damn noisy inside period, I doubt itd make much difference.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
Doesn't happen right away, only after about 10k miles. I noticed it especially on my coworkers Vette. Quiet until 10k then became horribly loud. There are several reviews on teh web backing this up.

The Impreza is so damn noisy inside period, I doubt itd make much difference.
I have more than 15k on mine :)

But the car is not quiet , so maybe I just don't notice :shrug:
Saturday, they go back on, so maybe I'll notice after the changeover.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
My proxes lasted <15K miles, and were really loud when pushed on a smooth road (sounded like a diff about to explode).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im really glad i went with the continentals....if only the UPS man would show up and deliver them already....:unhappy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im so happy with my new continental tires :) installed them myself except for mounting/balancing

also just wanted to add they are very quiet and sticking good

1 - 20 of 25 Posts