1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Æternum
20,571 Posts
That's a good price man. GLWS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a stock 04 WRX double din head unit if you'd consider trade for that plus cash from me. Is wiring the same? Never considered changing radio until seeing this.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
What's the Model number of the radio? Interested

·
Æternum
20,571 Posts
I have a stock 04 WRX double din head unit if you'd consider trade for that plus cash from me. Is wiring the same? Never considered changing radio until seeing this.
You'll need to get a wiring harness for your model Subaru and a wiring diagram. You can either crimp the connections or solder, but solder will make a better connection with less impedance change. You can find the wiring harness and diagram if you Google, but it is car specific.

·
Registered
479 Posts
^ This. If someone doesn't pick it up that posted before me I'd def be interested. I'm also local.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I could be wrong but I think this will only fit 02-07 dash. 08+ is bigger....again I could very well be wrong.
Thanks for the heads up! Yeah its a game changer if it doesn't fit lol.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Its a double Din radio...it will fit. You may need a new harness.

Whats the model number? I am interested but it would have to be shipped.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
You'll need to get a wiring harness for your model Subaru and a wiring diagram. You can either crimp the connections or solder, but solder will make a better connection with less impedance change. You can find the wiring harness and diagram if you Google, but it is car specific.
I highly recommend soldering as well. The harness I bought had labels printed on every wire, so it was just a matter of soldering the labels together. Be sure to use heat shrink tubing to prevent shorts. Once I'd soldered everything up, I wrapped the whole bundle in electrical tape. It looks OEM.

Soldering is one of those extremely useful skills I think everyone should learn.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I highly recommend soldering as well. The harness I bought had labels printed on every wire, so it was just a matter of soldering the labels together. Be sure to use heat shrink tubing to prevent shorts. Once I'd soldered everything up, I wrapped the whole bundle in electrical tape. It looks OEM.

Soldering is one of those extremely useful skills I think everyone should learn.
This! ^

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Way to go Foxxy, givin out false info!

GLWS OP, that head unit is very nice and you're selling it for a good price. My only advice would be to post up the model no.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Tommy I was wrong, my bad.

You're back in the game! lol
I smell sabotage: "No man, this head only works in 2006 WRX TR's whose owner's name starts with 'M'. Too bad for you."

·
Æternum
20,571 Posts
Meh, I love my Pioneer in-dash.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Does anyone know if this works with the steering wheel controls?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts