ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my g/f got me a pink "i" for sweetest day and i just wanted to know if i have to take the grill out to change it, or if the emblem just prys off from the outside

thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
I actually did this last night so I should know... take the grill off so its easier for you to remove the original emblem. Use the hair dryer to warm up the emblem and the sticky thing on the back so its easier to remove. Use a flat screw and pry it off from the bottom of the emblem, it should come off without a problem. Use a regular flat screw... not a small one. I used a small one and the beginning and messed up parts of the lower part of the oval base and I am pissed off about it... but oh well. Clean surface and put new on and your done!

·
Registered
500 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ what he said! dont pry to hard or you will f*ck up the oval it sits in! I cleaned mine with rubbing alcohol before putting the new one in.....its a piece of cake! :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
thsiaoo said:
I actually did this last night so I should know... take the grill off so its easier for you to remove the original emblem...
You don't have to take the grill off, just use a flathead screwdriver and pry very carefully until you get the emblem off.

If you want to use a hairdryer, go ahead... I didn't , and it only took a minute or two.

good luck,

alex g.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i dont have it yet (she got it off egay) i'm awaiting it's arrival i'll post em up as soon as i get it on

thanks for all the replys :D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
yeah some pics would be awesome. has anyone ever seen one on a black wrx?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts