·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 wrx with the following mods

- AEM cold air intake
- Blitz higher Performance Racing Exhuast
- TurboXS Dual Stage MBC Boost Controller

now from what I can see is when my boost controller is on low (14 psi) and if I floor it I hear a pinging/crackling sound. Whats causing this? I have the highest grade gas (91) thing is this just started. Bad gas maybe?

(have not used the controller on high yet (17 psi) still testing the controller)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Get rid of the intake. People don't like CAIs on WRXs without some tuning first of all. Also, if your tubing is bigger than the stock (2.5" I believe) then you will be pulling in more air than your MAF sensor thinks, and you could be running lean. Don't know what it sounds like, but it could be that.

Try losing the intake.

Steve

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Blue2004WRX said:
Get rid of the intake. People don't like CAIs on WRXs without some tuning first of all. Also, if your tubing is bigger than the stock (2.5" I believe) then you will be pulling in more air than your MAF sensor thinks, and you could be running lean. Don't know what it sounds like, but it could be that.

Try losing the intake.

Steve
umm I installed a boost guage and then this started happening, thing is I dont think this should effect it, and the boost controller and intake have been working fine for a year

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Check your hoses, make sure you didn't leave any unplugged or misconnected. Can't really think of anything else... electronic or mechanic BG?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well during lunch break here at work, I checked the lines and everything seems ok, I was almost empty on gas so I filled up. The crackling noise seems to stop :/

have to wait tell after work to see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts