Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Event 7. Pine Barrens Express: Northern New Jersey Region, November 22.

Based in Whiting, NJ. A brisk tour with a lot of unpaved. For additional information, contact the rallymaster, Fred Cochran at 732-271-5185 or [email protected]

I think I'm navigating for fengshui, but I may be driving so I can kick his ass. ;)

-Jim

·
980 Posts
http://home.att.net/~pbxrally/index.html

My car will definitely be campaigning this rally. And if we do go head-to-head, I will already be fully accelerated and making the next turn by the time your gigantic turbocharger is even 1/2 spooled :D

My goal is to pick up a front and rear skidplate from Primitive racing before the event. And I possibly might have some nice winter tires that can double as dirt/gravel tires by then. I will either be racing in Class C or B, although I'm not sure yet which.

Whoever is going to be co-driving better catch up on reading pace notes/tulips :)

chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be careful at the PBX. I've seen a few subies get wrecked by locals in PU trucks during it. I ran it 2 years ago in the Trooper.

-mike

·
980 Posts
PU trucks? Was it on purpose? Or just a normal accident because the roads are narrow and people were generally driving very fast?

chris

·
Registered
182 Posts
A lot of the locals in the barrens down there get pissed if you can see over the roof of your car when you're out there. I once trudged through a small lake (or huge puddle) that a guy had struggled through.. As I went through, the guy chucked a hunk of mud the size of my head at my car.. Needless to say I came around again while he was jumping up into his truck, and gave his interior a lil splash cleanin.
For the most part, the locals keep to themselves, unless they're headed somewhere, they're at a place they'll stay out till they dig the ruts too deep for themselves.
I wish i could make this :( I'll be in SC
Scott

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheWRXstore said:
A lot of the locals in the barrens down there get pissed if you can see over the roof of your car when you're out there. I once trudged through a small lake (or huge puddle) that a guy had struggled through.. As I went through, the guy chucked a hunk of mud the size of my head at my car.. Needless to say I came around again while he was jumping up into his truck, and gave his interior a lil splash cleanin.
For the most part, the locals keep to themselves, unless they're headed somewhere, they're at a place they'll stay out till they dig the ruts too deep for themselves.
I wish i could make this :( I'll be in SC
Scott
******** suck and they are everywhere. Chris, I'll be your navigator. I won't have my WRX come November.

-Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts