ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here (picked up my silver wagon this weekend) and one of the first things I noticed is the floor mats. This carpet is never going to last.

I found the subaru OEM rubber floor mats, and am considering getting those - but i heard that the passenger side mat was ridiculously small. Can anyone post some pictures of their mat set in the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
whooops

whoooops

that was my post above, my buddy has a wrx and he must have been logged in on my comp from a while back... anyway thanks in advance.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i dont have a digital camera rite now, but i do have the rubber mats. they arent that small on the passenger side. there is some room that the rubber mats dont cover if there is a tall passenger, but im not worried because i never ride on that side :D they are a multi-car mat so dont expect a perfect fit like the carpet ones u got factory.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I would imagine that you would take out the carpet ones. The mats have little spikes that dig into the floor. If you have the carpet mats plus the rubber ones I don't think it would fit or stay there very well. I need to pick up some rubber ones too... I'm tired of having to wash and vacuum my carpet ones. :(

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The OEM rubber floor mats are pretty nice. Although they are kinda on the small side, they are VERY heavy duty rubber. Definitely worth the $40.

Other rubber floor mats can cost over $100 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
GetawayInBouldr said:
The OEM rubber floor mats are pretty nice. Although they are kinda on the small side, they are VERY heavy duty rubber. Definitely worth the $40.

Other rubber floor mats can cost over $100 :rolleyes:
OK, I think I'm sold.. Does anyone know if they come in a set of 4 or a set of 2?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Living in Vermont I didn't even think about it. I would get rubber mats in any new car.

They're really solid units. If you still want pictures I can take some later today... I keep them over the carpet mats. I think they're designed that way.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well, let's say they fit over the carpet mats. :tongue:

Here's the rubber mat in all of its unclean glory... (It cleans up nicely, but I haven't cleaned it in ages...)

The carpet mat underneath...

And the back seat...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
iMP|2EZiONS said:
I'm tired of all the little rocks from my shoes everywhere. Just one more thing to add to my list...:rolleyes:
Thats why I got'em. Those little rocks were pi$$ing me off constantly! I could just detail my rex and two seconds later, there were little rocks everywhere!!1! :mad:

Let me just tell you these are a good solution to this problem.:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks for all the helpful responses guys, one last question (about the mats anyway)

How much do they cost from the dealer? I'm probably going to call tomorrow and find out, but if someone could give me an answer tonight that'd be great.

I'd rather not have to order them online and pay the shipping fees, but if they're 55 or cheaper at the dealer i'll just do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts