ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well these aren't the greatest pictures but I figured after 9 months of having the car, I better post some pictures!!! I also listed out what has been done to the car below.
EDIT: Ok after looking at those pictures, I had to take some better ones. :)

Exterior mods:
It was ordered from the factory with the low wing and no badging on the trunk, then I removed the stickers from the front corners and the "Subaru Technica International" from both doors and just left the "STI". I don't really have any plans to do any other exterior mods. I think it looks pretty good just like this!

Wheels:
The wheels are my winter set with the Dunlop Winter Sports on them. $1300 from Tire Rack for everything, not a bad deal! For the summers, I'm still using the stock BBS wheels. It's hard to justify spending money on new wheels when the stock ones are so good already. I might have them polished or something though to make them look sharper.

Interior mods:
The stereo is the main change on the interior. Pioneer Premier head unit with Alpine 100x4 amp and Alpine R series component front speakers and Kenwood component rears. The only problem with this setup is that the Alpine speakers have a huge amount of woofer travel and can hit the insides of the doors. I have to keep it cranked down to stop this from happening so I don't destroy them. If you're not familiar with the Alpine R series, then let me just say they are amazing. They sound perfectly crisp at any volume. My wife can hear the lyrics of the song clearly from the other side of the inside of my house when I pull in the driveway with my windows closed and no doors or windows on the house open and the TV on. :whoa:
The only other mod is a Graco toddler seat for my daughter, which will soon have a friend on the other side since my son was born last week. :wiggles: :thumbup: :cool: :wiggles: :wiggles: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm also looking for a place to mount my fire extinguisher. I don't want to go for the rice look but I'm planning on tracking the car and you have to have one mounted within reach of the driver. I'm thinking on the side of the passenger footwell. It's a nice chrome one my sister got me for Christmas a few years ago so I could track my Porsche.

Engine/power mods:
Nothing yet, but I have a deposit down on a Cobb TBE which I'll be picking up in January along with an Accessport or possibly I'll go straight to a pro tune. That should be enough for me. It's already a fast car and another 70+ HP/TQ should do nicely. Though I'd really like to hit the 400 HP mark...

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Looks good - you'll definitely have to take some pictures when it's light outside, though :p

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good - you'll definitely have to take some pictures when it's light outside, though :p
Ok, after looking at those horrible pictures I had to do something. Now there's some better ones above..... :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
The pics didn't come through for me, but since you mentioned it I have my extinguisher installed using the front pass anger seat mounting bolts. No extra holes drilled in the car, and the seat is fully functional. I built my own mount, but I have seen them commensally. Don't remember where though. :sadwave:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pics didn't come through for me, but since you mentioned it I have my extinguisher installed using the front pass anger seat mounting bolts. No extra holes drilled in the car, and the seat is fully functional. I built my own mount, but I have seen them commensally. Don't remember where though. :sadwave:
Sorry about that, fixed the pictures!

thanks for the extinguisher info too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
looks good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts