ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out whether I want to go wingless or not and searching for photos of wingless STIs has proven futile! So if you've got any pics of a wingless blobeye STI please post them so I can decide whether to add my name to the trunk swap thread.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
my wingless wrx:

wingless sti (ie: limited)

definitely go wingless.. or atleast the limited spoiler

i hate the regular STi one with a passion.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess what I'm really looking for is side shots so I can see how it looks with the big scoop on the hood and no wing.

Thanks corysti, that's my car right there except I have the WRX wing. It's the right color and debadged like mine too.

So what do people think, stick with the WRX wing or go wingless?

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I had a wrx w/ sti scoop and the sti front splitter but no wing. (Also the jdm sti rear spats or whatever they were called)

Not the best picture but its the only side one I could find (I think i still had that awful hp camera at the time) but maybe it will help. I might have another

Aww I actually kind of missed the car after seeing the pictures. :sadwave:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I sometimes wish I left my car wingless.
But I think it ONLY looks good when you put new lower springs on...which I CAN't do because of where I live :(
I've gotten sooo many compliments on having the wing over wingless though and I love the rally style look!

just my 2 cents.
if you're lowered go for the limited spoiler...cause nobody has it! lol

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here's the options. First, my car today:

And this is a good shot of what it would look like without the wing (and with my summer wheels on it):

Does anybody have any info about how useful the downforce is that's generated by the wing? Does the car really need it? I drive pretty fast so if there's a need for it, then I'm probably taking advantage of it. :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Does anybody have any info about how useful the downforce is that's generated by the wing? Does the car really need it? I drive pretty fast so if there's a need for it, then I'm probably taking advantage of it. :)
I'm pretty sure unless you're track racing over going in excess of 100mph regularly and doing some hardcore maneuvers then the wing is just extra weight.

that's what my father told me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Theres been a thread done on this. it was something like 60lbs of down force at like 130. Don't remember the exact numbers, but it came to the conclusion it was looks over function.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
^ hot car. Thats what I want my OBP to look like when summer rolls around. Work Emotions right? 17s? 18s?
pshhhhh if i could afford work wheels i wouldnt own a wrx. hahah they're oz superleggeras. 17x7 ;)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have a WRX wing, i think wingless just looks funny.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I guess what I'm really looking for is side shots so I can see how it looks with the big scoop on the hood and no wing.

Thanks corysti, that's my car right there except I have the WRX wing. It's the right color and debadged like mine too.

So what do people think, stick with the WRX wing or go wingless?
No problem it's the least I could do :)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a WRX wing, i think wingless just looks funny.
Yeah I'm on the fence on whether it looks unbalanced without the wing and that big hood scoop, or just clean. I feel like the regular hood scoop is ok without a wing on the back to balance it, but with the big STI scoop I think it needs something on the trunk. I'm still undecided though....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah I'm on the fence on whether it looks unbalanced without the wing and that big hood scoop, or just clean. I feel like the regular hood scoop is ok without a wing on the back to balance it, but with the big STI scoop I think it needs something on the trunk. I'm still undecided though....
I agree, that hoodscoop on the front that can suck up little children off the street, and then a wingless trunk looks akward in my opinion.

I saw one in person once and I thought it looked like it was missing something I suppose. Its all a matter of opinion though

·
Registered
16 Posts
[/QUOTE]wingless sti (ie: limited)

definitely go wingless.. or atleast the limited spoiler

i hate the regular STi one with a passion.[/QUOTE]

would it be possible to put the limited wing on an 04/05 wrx?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts