Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I picked up a Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash starter kit. I saw this thing online a few weeks ago, and read a few reviews of it. People seemed relatively impressed so I got one to try for myself.

This thing is simply amazing. My car has never been this clean, and I didn't even TRY. There was little effort involved, and the results were spectacular. It was only about 50 degrees here today (warm compared to what it has been like lately) so the water took a little while to evaporate, but it left zero water spots. And by zero, I mean ZERO. Z...E...R...O...!

I can safely say that I will probably never dry my car with a towel again.

The only downside that I can see is product consumption. The refill soaps that they sell are claimed to be good for 10 washes. I would say that from the amount that I used, 5 washes could be expected from one. So, other than product consumption, the only other problem that I had was trying to get water through my ice filled hose! Damned winter!!

Here are the results in pictorial form, about 20 of them:

Some random pics I took as well:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
sweet, are those the STi lights?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Absolutely Beautiful...Im sold on that product now. Plus those HID's are the hot .:wiggles: Cant believe a cop gave you trouble with them.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Subie2.5RS2003 said:
sweet, are those the STi lights?
Nope, they are the stock headlights. I just ripped them apart violently and took out the amber and painted the housings black :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jmd777 said:
Absolutely Beautiful...Im sold on that product now. Plus those HID's are the hot .:wiggles: Cant believe a cop gave you trouble with them.

Darn cops! He was just looking for ANY excuse to hassle me :(

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

·
Banned
314 Posts
HOTT TO DEAF!!!

what HID kit is that?8000k? i'm looking for ballasts in the engine bay, but you must have them hidden pretty well.

·
Registered
691 Posts
the autodry system worked pretty well for me as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
emosubaru said:
HOTT TO DEAF!!!

what HID kit is that?8000k? i'm looking for ballasts in the engine bay, but you must have them hidden pretty well.
The bulbs are 6500k. The pictures look good, but still really don't do the lights justice. They look pretty sick in person. The ballasts are directly behind / underneath the headlights :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
get those TarmacII's mounted!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looking nice. Any problems with moisture in the lights? Doesn't look like it from the pics.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shibby said:
get those TarmacII's mounted!
It is my goal is to have them mounted before the meet at Josh's house on March 13-14. We'll see how that goes, I'm poor.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OffRoadWagon said:
Looking nice. Any problems with moisture in the lights? Doesn't look like it from the pics.
No problems with moisture any more, and they have been like this since last summer. Initially when I did it they did not seal well enough, so I had to take them apart again. When I took them apart that time I painted the housings black, and used white silicone adhesive to put them back together. You can see it in the engine bay shot along the top of the head light. I used the white stuff so I could see where I had covered, because the factory stuff is black.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Man that is sweet. Almost makes me wish I had gotten black. Man that is gorgeous just wow. I think I have to get that product now.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,896 Posts
Thanks for the info,My black Rex thanks you. :D

·
Banned
363 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
Wow , that stuff does wonders. How much did the kit cost you/where did you get it? :eek:
Yea I saw the commercial too, how much does it cost?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Timdog1650 said:
Wow , that stuff does wonders. How much did the kit cost you/where did you get it? :eek:
MrDoctor said:
Yea I saw the commercial too, how much does it cost?

I got it at AutoZone when I was there getting a check engine light cleared. It was $18.xx and it also had a $5 mail in rebate. Well worth it in my opinion.

Okonkowo said:
Hey man WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET SUCH NICE LIGHTS FROM!????? i love those i am gettin those on my black sti when i get it
Are you asking about the HID's or the head light housings themselves?

The HID's are a 6500k Brightstar kit ($380), I got them from Tim, his forum name is "BlazinWRX".

The housings are stock, I just took them apart and removed all of the orange pieces and painted the inside piece black.

Thanks for the compliments :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts