Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the Metal part i bought as my Plastic one that came in the SBC-ID melted..
How is the install???

·
Registered
63 Posts
The plastic insert probably melted because it got too close to something hot, duh! (knowing you know this) Take some zip ties and tie them all together. Not only to keep it away from the exhaust side of the turbo, but it will help the vacuum lines from rubbing.

You can make it look real nice, black ones usually look the best and put the heads of them down when theyre snug... Always do this to keep ANYTHING from rubbing together as well. Ive seen so many things get rubbed through on other peoples cars its sick. My friends's o2 sensor connection was resting a little ontop of his transmision cover, over 3 months it ate a good .10-.25 inch piece out of it.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Tuca....you have that installed incorrectly. The "T" intersection should be removed completely. The way you have it set up could comprimise your boost control/response.

You need to disconnect the hoses and remove the "T" fitting and do the following:

1) Attach the hose coming from the compressor outlet to the hose that runs to the "IN" on the solenoid unit

2) Attach the hose from the wastegate actuator to the hose that runs to the "OUT" on the solenoid unit

These are the ONLY hoses you should have. Take a look at the pic I attached...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
and here's the solenoid unit (in the yellow circle)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
another view of the solenoid

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
one more of the turbo hoses....notice...no "T"

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
one more of the turbo....just to eliminate any confusion...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
and the whole thing looks like this

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
BTW...Tuca: it doesn't look like you have the stock hose connected to the wastegate actuator. There's a restrictor in there that you need. You should put that back on if you still have it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Djerez,,what is a restrictor???
some hoses are not stock and did not came with the SBC-ID..
Thanks
Tuca
Should i change it all??

·
Registered
132 Posts
why would you need the restricter? does the same apply for a mbc?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
tuca33 said:
Should i change it all??
You need to at least change everything so it is set up properly. It looks like you have the SBC-iD and the FBC controlling boost right now which could lead to some interesting consequences.

If I'm not mistaken, the FBC acts as a bleed valve, releasing pressure back into the intake pipe. Right now, you have it set up so that the FBC sees the boost level before the SBC-iD does. I'm not sure what'll happen, but I don't think it'll be good.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I never turned my boost up..
I use it only as a boost gauge..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i bouhgt it because of the Power meter too,,,and in the near future i will have big turbo ,,fuel pump , injectors and UTEC..than i will use my EBC..
Thanks

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Well then, right now, it shouldn't be doing any harm. Just be sure to re-do it before you start controlling boost with the SBC-iD

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I just received my SBC-id today. I'm guessing it can't be nearly as complicated as it looks at first glance. :eek:

Or is it?

misterx

1 - 20 of 73 Posts