I would try to go for invoice...should be about $25,185. I bought my 11 Limited hatch a few weeks ago for invoice, and got $300 in options for free. I didn't even have to negotiate... he knew from previous conversations that I wanted to pay invoice, so thats what he offered to sell it at. Remember that the dealership gets holdback money from Subaru when they sell a car (around $700). So even if they sell it at invoice, they're still getting money from the deal. Just talk about the invoice price and mention dealer holdback, you should be able to get it at invoice, especially now that its the end of the month and they gotta meet quotas. I would definitely not go higher than $26,000... you can get a better deal than that.
Oh, well either way, I agree with your statement haha. I'm sure people lie a lot on the forum and I know dealers lie a lot. I was going to get it last night, but I walked out and told them the deal was not good enought. Thats when they called me back today and offered this, so I officially have not signed anything. I will on Thursday though. I'm very thrilled to be owning this car. I have wanted it since Gran Turismo 1 haha.
Thanks guys. So my plan is to wait until after winter and get Cobb AP and a little after grab their downpipe so I can run stage 2. I don't want my car getting much louder, so those will be my only two power mods. I do want to upgrade my stereo a bit. I want to keep the stock head unit because of all the other little perks like bluetooth streaming music, handfree calling, blah blah, however I would like to get some Alpine Type R speakers and a nice 4channel amp to run them. Last but not least, a pair of 6000k xenons to put inside those projectors.