ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the black one here:

sweet deal too, it's a 100$ watch I found for 60$

has a bunch of built in tide charts, including one for the beaches I frequent.

ready to start my summer... (any time now Mother Nature!)

-tp

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the freestyle I had before this featured a compass! crap quality that one though, hence the need for the newbie! this will come in way handy as some beaches around here are unswimable at times during very high/low tides.

I'm a suckageek for a good watch. :wiggles:
-tp

·
Registered
302 Posts
Teep said:
yeah, the freestyle I had before this featured a compass! crap quality that one though, hence the need for the newbie! this will come in way handy as some beaches around here are unswimable at times during very high/low tides.

I'm a suckageek for a good watch. :wiggles:
-tp
How accurate is it and is it waterproof?

I need a good one for surfing, even though I check the tide charts, having that information in realtime on your wrist would be handy.

Edit: Since noted the 100m on the watch, so skip the second Q

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
thats pretty sweet,good luck with it and tell us how it works

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I used to have a Freestyle watch, mine wasn't as high tech as that one though. It was just a simple chronograph watch. I have to say, it was one of the best watches I have ever owned. I think it's still around too... Nice choice ;)

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I hate watches....it is getting real hard to tell military time by the sun when your on the fifth floor of an office building...i might have to break down and buy one.:(

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
archiebrown said:
How accurate is it and is it waterproof?

[...]

Edit: Since noted the 100m on the watch, so skip the second Q
Hey archiebrown... I read a review of a bunch of watches and this watch was included, it claimed that all of the watches it reviewed were accurage to seconds per month which I think is sufficient for my needs.

I think my only complaint so far is that the band seems small... at least, I have been wearing it on the 3rd to last hole, which at least is tidy and does not leave any extra strap, but those with thicker wrists may not like wearing it on the 2nd or 1st loop hole.

Of course I'm still breaking it in... and hope to give it the plunge later today at the beach!

-tp
W00T 1500th post for me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts