ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
yo man....... i just lowered my 04 wagon today with s tech....
and now my rear rims rubs my rear fenders when i turn in high speed or when the road is bumpy!!! FUK!! :mad:
now i need to bring it to trim the rear fenders tml!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!

edit: btw.... i have 17x7 with 225/45/17 on

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those of you guys with s-tech's can you do me a favor and measure your wheel gaps with your fingers and let me know how much you have? Also the overall performance of the springs.

The progress springs i have on now are pretty comfortable but for performance they're not that great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
sjscooby said:
i like the drop but can someone with a sedan give me a finger measurement? it'd be much appreciated.
It's not the finger measurement that you should worry about. It's how fast those crappy springs will thrash your struts. The drop is too low for stock springs and it's too low for KYB struts. Those springs thrashed my struts within 1,000 miles. I would avoid them unless you just plan on using your car for "all show and no go".

When I had those springs with stock wheels, the finger gap up front was a little over 1 and the rear I could barely get my pinky finger in. In the pic above, the gap looks big but that's becuase the angle is low and the wheels are tucked in (6.5 inch wide).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finger measurement is important when i want to make the switch from the progress springs i have now since i do want a lower drop. Also the spring rates are better then the springs i have now. If your observations were based on you using the tein springs with performance struts such as koni's or kybs i might take your opinion more seriously but you're comparing tein springs vs. eibach prokit. Of course your stock struts will handle those better and be less bouncy.

I know plenty of people who don't go by kyb's limits and their struts are perfectly fine.

Thanks for the measurement though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
sjscooby said:
If your observations were based on you using the tein springs with performance struts such as koni's or kybs i might take your opinion more seriously but you're comparing tein springs vs. eibach prokit. Of course your stock struts will handle those better and be less bouncy.

I know plenty of people who don't go by kyb's limits and their struts are perfectly fine.

Thanks for the measurement though.
well, I say go for it then. Hope you're pretty happy with it. My car didn't "bounce" that much, it actually rode pretty smooth, the problem my car had was bottoming out continuously. You'll set those KYB's on stiff and they won't last long... my 2 cents worth...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts