Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a splitter that fits the TXS top mount. I have a V.1 I/C but dimensionally same as v.2. It covers the fin area completely. Does not over hang like the APS one is reported to due. APS tmic is alittle longer. This is a pic before I put it on car. I trimmed a little less than a 1/2" of seal off. I got it from gruppe-s for 125 shipped and it came w/ new grommets that attatch the seal to splitter. I love getting Japanese newspapers:p

:D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is there going to be a big difference between the Sti and the Zerosport? I heard the Sti would be a bit better, but I got the Zerosport instead because it looks better under the hood.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It comes down to fitment. I tried most of the replicas, zerosports etc. Tried 3 all were identical except for quality. They are all aluminum. No rubber seal. The aluminum splitters make hard contact w/ TXS tmic's. Hood won't close. Try and you get a hole in I/C. The zerosports style splitters are designed for shallower I/C's. Can't trim the aluminum ones w/o them falling apart and needing to be tacked back together. Then quality is gone and time consuming as well. Again, it's a matter of fitment only in regards to TXS TMIC's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
das sweet, i've been looking for a splitter for my sti hoodscoop.

will the seal be too big for the stock ic? i would think that if you have the stock ic, that the rubber seal would hang over the side of the ic, no?

btw, we are talking bout the '02/03 right?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to take a picture showing how the seal covers entire fin area. Little tough because it's the passenger side that is really extended and the vacuum lines got in the way. Tried to take it on a slight angle but lighting sucks.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Ok, i have a quest. Why would you need one of these spiltters on a STi hood scoop installed on 02/03 WRX. I just ordered a STi scoop for my rex and i'm wondering what it will do??? Does the stock one not fit or what???

·
Registered
600 Posts
rallymaniac said:
Ok, i have a quest. Why would you need one of these spiltters on a STi hood scoop installed on 02/03 WRX. I just ordered a STi scoop for my rex and i'm wondering what it will do??? Does the stock one not fit or what???
The OEM splitter is smaller than the Sti. Thefore, less air will flow through it. Getting a bigger Sti scoop will allow more air to travel in but without a new splitter, air would still be trap because of your oem splitter...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts