ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which ones do I buy?

I searched and everyone just says the silicone ones. My question is which silicone ones? The Super Silicone or The Super Sporza Silicone?

There is only a $2 difference. So I might just go with the Sporza's. If I can save the $2 though I will lol.

Sooooooooo, those of you who use the PIAA's which ones do you use?

·
2,581 Posts
On my WRX I have the PIAA Super Silicone, and they work really well. Best wipers I'd ever used.

Until...

On my OBXT I have the PIAA Si-Tech Silicone flat wiper blades. These are now the best wipers I've ever used!

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about getting the flat ones, but I heard they don't work well with our windshields for some reason.

·
2,581 Posts
I don't know why they wouldn't. Streak-free for me at highway speeds.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I'm in the market for something better than OEM also.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I'm not sure about the PIAAs, but I like the Bosch Evolutions on my car. They were only $12 apiece at NAPA, and are the molded kind that apply even pressure across the blade. They've held up great in our wet Oregon weather, no streaking, and totally silent.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm not sure about the PIAAs, but I like the Bosch Evolutions on my car. They were only $12 apiece at NAPA, and are the molded kind that apply even pressure across the blade. They've held up great in our wet Oregon weather, no streaking, and totally silent.
I have these also. They work great for me.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I've used OEM, Rain-X Latitude, Bosch Icons, and now PIAA Super Sporza Silicone / Super Silicone. Of the four, I like the PIAAs best. I am interested to try the newer PIAAs when my current ones go out...

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the Si-Tech last night. I should get them on Friday. I'll be sure to post up a review after a few weeks of use!

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So today was the first day it has rained since I put the blades on.

I am thoroughly impressed by these blades. There is zero noise on the highway or in the city. The pre-use treatment was very easy to put on and has a noticeable effect. The water just falls off! I even put some on my side-view mirrors and nothing stays on them now.

I highly recommend these blades and will never buy another brand!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
michaelwfox said:
So today was the first day it has rained since I put the blades on.

I am thoroughly impressed by these blades. There is zero noise on the highway or in the city. The pre-use treatment was very easy to put on and has a noticeable effect. The water just falls off! I even put some on my side-view mirrors and nothing stays on them now.

I highly recommend these blades and will never buy another brand!
Glad you're happy with your purchase :thumbup:

·
2,581 Posts
I knew you'd like 'em! Be careful when it ices up though. You don't want to tear those expensive blades!

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts