Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Philips HID 4100K Pics

I bought these a week ago from http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com One of my best purchases. There are a few options. A regular kit that includes all of the Plug 'N Play accessories, Philips Ballast and Japanese bulbs for $498. I opted for the Philips Ultinon Kit that includes the Philips Ballast and Philips HID Bulbs so it costed a little more at $548. Install was a cinch - no longer than 30 - 45 minutes. I took longer since I was very careful about everything. I REALLY took my time. Anyways...here are some pics. Please let m eknow if you have any questions. I can try to answer them as best as I can. But let me forewarn you...I don't have that much electrical knowledge. It was a very simple install.

Sorry if the pics are up to clubwrx standards. Just wanted to take some quick pics to get something up. Will take higher quality pics sometime next week from inside the car and other angles so you can see the entire spectrum of colors from my Prodrive lights.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Those look really nice, got any pictures from inside the car looking out through the glass during the night (just noticed your text at the bottom, can't wait to see the new pics). I have the JDM projectors and maybe one day will upgrade to HID's. Was it all plug and play?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those look really nice. I would be interested to see what they look like in daylight... any chance you could post some pics of that too?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was all plug and play. VERY SIMPLE!!! The only hard part is routing all of the wires and placement of ballasts. I will take pics of inside the car next week sometime. I dind't get a chance because it's my brother's camera and he only had time to take a few pics in my apartment parking lot. And we would've taken some pics inside the car if there weren't these bright street lights right above where my car was parked :) I will take some when the sun is out and hopefully a place where it's darker. I also have some PIAA Ion Crystal on the way to put in my Fogs. I've always liked the color contrast that you see in the IS300's. White light up top from the HID's and then solid yellow on the ground from the fogs. I can tell you that the pics don't do what the light looks like in person justice. They truly do look white on the ground, with slight hint of yellow. But I think that is normal as I have seen BMW's and Audi's up close and their light are white with hints of yellow. The projectors do an amazing job of beinding the light at angles.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Okay, I'm seriously seeing spots after viewing those pics...they're so bright :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
why didnt you get the 6000K philips Ultinon bulbs, it would have cost you less from other places.

I see that you bought a single beam HID kit, since you have separate hi's and lows.

I know places that sell single beam kits with philips ballast and philips ultinon bulbs for $490 shipped. if you wanted dual beam kits for stock headlights, it would have been around $590 shipped.

both kits plug and play also. also you said you got 4300k bulbs. the philips Ultinon bulbs are 6000K only. the 4300K bulbs are like the philips bulbs in cars like the Acura TL.

I think you got ripped off. actually, dont want to say ripped off, but you paid alittle too much for an inferior kit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cant have a post like that Shiftpoint without links :) For us with stock headlights I would be interested in that high-low beam kit for $590. If ya have a link, lemme know please!

·
Registered
104 Posts
wrxtsy said:
cant have a post like that Shiftpoint without links :) For us with stock headlights I would be interested in that high-low beam kit for $590. If ya have a link, lemme know please!

there are several places that sell the philips 6000k and philips ballasts for under $550 for single beam kits. some of them are from the vendors on this forum.

no offense but why spend more and get a 4300K kit when you could have gotten a 6000k kit.

if you want more info, please PM me.

wrxtsy I have PM'd you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought the 4300K because that is the brightest as far as the Kelvin scale goes (closest to sunlight). Anything past the 4000K range becomes more blue and not as bright. I opted for more usable light than looks and plus with the 4300K, my projectors give me plenty of different color. I never claimed that my price was the best. Go ahead and PM me the link. I'd like to see what Website offers it for cheaper. And I did get the 4300K bulbs, not the 6000K. The 6000K has blue coating on the bulbs, and mine clearly did not.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correction: Please Read

OK - some updated info for the people who care. Upon TeamShiftPoint's post, I decided to do some further reasearch on what kit I really got. They are indeed just the Philips 4100K (Not 4300K) kit. These are normal Philips bulbs and not "ULTINON." The ultinon technology is only for the 6000K rated Philips bulbs. In lieu of this, I called the place I got my kit from and they will be making this change. And I got $50 credited and some discounts when I buy future bulbs from them :) Thanks for poitning that out to me TSP. I'm hoping they will lower their price now accordingly because I found a couple of site that sell the 4100K Philips HID kits for $499 Shipped. I'm glad I eventually paid that :). This vendor was really nice about it as they were misled from their distributor on the Philips Kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts