Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of posts where people refer to their WRXs as their "babies".

I don't know about you all, but my WRX never struck me as a woman or child that I had to coddle or pamper. No, my WRX seems more like that one friend everyone has, who's always goading you into doing something dangerous or illegal.

"C'mon dude, what are the chances that a cop will be around that corner?"

Driving a WRX is like having little devils sitting on both shoulders.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
MartelJF said:
I've read a lot of posts where people refer to their WRXs as their "babies".

I don't know about you all, but my WRX never struck me as a woman or child that I had to coddle or pamper. No, my WRX seems more like that one friend everyone has, who's always goading you into doing something dangerous or illegal.

"C'mon dude, what are the chances that a cop will be around that corner?"

Driving a WRX is like having little devils sitting on both shoulders.
LOL i think I agree with what you said. i pamper it, in that try to keep it very clean, its near an obsession at this point. but it does make me drive like i probaby shouldnt

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I hate it when people name their car, it just not compute with me. It is not a person, it is a car. A nickname is another thing. My old Jetta was given the name, The Sherman Tank (I lived on Sherman Ave and it seemed indescructible, A1 platforms are), but naming my car Susie or Chamile, um, I don't think so.

-joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm dense, but I can't think of any connection between not having a nickname for a car, and being of a certain persuasion.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I dont have a nickname for it but I do refer to it as the Subie but thats just playing with Subaru. Definately like two devils on your shoulders.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
She is a girl (IMO) a very very pretty one. I can't think of a good name though, so she stands as simply my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Goes back to ships...

The whole 'naming of cars' goes back to the ancient tradtion of naming ships. *shrugs*. Mine have always been named... but it's not like i actually go out and talk to them. it's just that each car has a 'personality' of it's own... and if you dont' think so, i have a few stories... lol..

·
Registered
110 Posts
i often pat her on the dashboard and apologize after i rag on her, and i sit in my driveway and sulk with her as she cools down afterwards....

I often apologize for whats been done to her front bumper, but at least shes got some new glasses now

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
krillz said:
my cars name is satan

funny, that's my nickname too

don't have one for the car yet, though

·
Registered
0 Posts
SpeedKills said:
i was once questioned on my sexuality because i don`t have a name/nick name for my car...
:rolleyes:
Hmmm, I was questioned BECAUSE I named my car....

They said that 'Cuddles' sounded like a gay name... sheesh.. no love from some people..... haterz! :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
krillz said:
my cars name is satan
I was going to name my car satan, but that is what my mom always calls me. I don't want to confuse her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts