Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I trust that? I ordered the BPV and the Cold Air Intake for my 2015 WRX, but is it really no tune? Will it screw my engine up? Should I wait until my warrenty is up and then put them on and tune?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it needs a tune for the intake. I don't know why you would even replace the bypass valve
Yes it needs a tune for the intake. I don't know why you would even replace the bypass valve
Thats why Im on edge, emailed them they said the intake wont need a tune, I dont want to flash ECU I just want more whoosh noises.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,756 Posts
Thats why Im on edge, emailed them they said the intake wont need a tune, I dont want to flash ECU I just want more whoosh noises.
Email them back and ask why the MAF scaling doesn't match the stock airbox.

Yeah, more whoosh noises are the reasons to buy aftermarket performance parts from a company that is lying to your face.

Your OEM valve is more than capable. Recirculating bypass valves, ones your car requires to function properly, don't make big whoosh noises. Those are blow off valves, something your car is not compatible with.

Here is your gamble. You pay the 800 bucks or whatever the AP is, plus a facility to tune the vehicle because Cobbs tunes also are not compatible with it putting you at probably 1200 bucks or something.

Or, you cross your fingers that it doesn't blow up and cost you 10k+. Maybe you'll get a few years before you get on it and smoke it, maybe you'll get a few weeks.

I cant make you spend your money in any certain way but I will say this for certain. You play at your own risk, and when the car blows up the finger points up your own rump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts