ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got tired of my Apexi GT Spec and sold it. I want to go with twin tip to keep cops off my back. Decided to go with Perrin twin tip. It looks clean and mild. Anybody have any experience with these cat-back? I know Perrin makes good parts for wrx's, but haven't heard anyone using this cat-back.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
WiCkeDrEx said:
Recently got tired of my Apexi GT Spec and sold it. I want to go with twin tip to keep cops off my back. Decided to go with Perrin twin tip. It looks clean and mild. Anybody have any experience with these cat-back? I know Perrin makes good parts for wrx's, but haven't heard anyone using this cat-back.

The perrin exhaust is louder than your GT Spec. I don't see how this will keep cops off your back.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Perrin twin tip cat-back....

TurnWRX said:
The perrin exhaust is louder than your GT Spec. I don't see how this will keep cops off your back.
I mean look at the visual difference between the two gt spec and perrin. which one would be more cop friendly? ;)

btw, the perrin exhaust is even louder than my gt spec? are you sure because my gt spec with the 3.5 inch pipe is pretty darn loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just ordered a Perrin from World One. Should be here next week. They were really pushing the esplier (sp?) but i really like the look of the twin tips vs the 3.5" single.

The Perrin has the deepest note of any exhaust for the subbie that I was able to listen to.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoopwhoop said:
I just ordered a Perrin from World One. Should be here next week. They were really pushing the esplier (sp?) but i really like the look of the twin tips vs the 3.5" single.

The Perrin has the deepest note of any exhaust for the subbie that I was able to listen to.
good choice on exhaust. not that much people running this perrin twin tips. it looks classy and clean. i really like this exhaust. only problem is the price is expensive. let me know how it sound and looks once you install it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Perrin twin tip cat-back....

WiCkeDrEx said:
I mean look at the visual difference between the two gt spec and perrin. which one would be more cop friendly? ;)

btw, the perrin exhaust is even louder than my gt spec? are you sure because my gt spec with the 3.5 inch pipe is pretty darn loud.

The perrin is Blitz Nur Spec loud, especially when catless. You can hear this exhaust from 2 blocks away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
am running the perrin twin tip turbo back....
it is very loud..
dont get me wrong it sounds nice but alittle too much and..
am tinking of gettin the helix catted downpipe in hopes of muffling the sound just a bit...

anyway exhausts looks great though...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whoopwhoop said:
what price are you getting and where are you ordering them from???:confused:
getting it from a special deal through i-club.com for $710 shipped. i won't be getting the perrin anymore. need to pay a lot of bills so don't have $700 to dish out for an exhaust. going to have to settle for bosal twin tip instead.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
The Perrin is loud as hell. I've heard an STi with a cutout and a WRX with a Perrin and the two sound strikingly familiar. It sounds great, but it will be a cop magnet if they are strict w/ noise laws where you drive.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i think the bosal twin tip is just as pretty.... and nearly as loud... if it werent for my 4krpm highway cruizin, id hit it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts