ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to install the Perrin Turbo Inlet hose and I am completely confused. I have read the instructions a thousand times but I cannot figure out how to route the hoses. The instructions say...

1. Remove crank case vent hose from CCV tee
2. Install Supplied 1/2" Hose onto crankcase vent tee
3. Cut right side valve cover vent hose below retaining clip and install 1/2" tee
4. Connect 1/2" hose to 1/2" tee. Make sure to route hose away...

Ok in step 1 the crank case vent hose has a gray connector on the end. What happens to this???

Does someone have a write up or pictures to help me figure out how to get this thing in? Thanks for any help...

Powered by The Borg

2004 WR-Blue/Silver STi
Mods: Blitz SUS Intake, RS*R TBE

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I had trouble with this as well, but it makes sense once you get it. Basically i just kept looking at the stock one and what had to go where in the end and then i carefully read the instructions. And got it. I don't have my car here so i can't go out and look and tell you exactly how it goes.

Oh, and from the picture you posted i'd say that the hose pictured is NOT the crank case vent hose. Might be different on an STi, but on my WRX it did NOT look like that....

·
Banned
566 Posts
From the picture that you posted I had my inlet hose installed my the dealer and that pvc valve does not go onto anything it is left open to vent into the atmosphere. The tech told me that it is used to help control blowby. there is not a place for it on the inlet hose.

·
6,298 Posts
Have you checked Scoobymods.com? They have had everything I've needed so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For the Perrin hose you should remove the metal clamp in the picture and use a plastic T and some hose to T into the other opening on the back side of the inlet pipe. That sensor does not do anything. On the Samco inlet pipe there is already a separate sinlet for that breather hose. The sensor just gets ziptied off to the side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are directions on what to do with this hose here.

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/project.htm

In summary:

Pictures of Perrin Turbo inlet hose installed, showing the modifications needed. The line that used to attach to the stock turbo inlet hose on the STi close to the turbo does not connect to the inlet hose any longer. The fitting for the hose on the stock inlet pipe must be cut off and reused, this fitting will also need some trimming to allow a hose to be slipped over it, take your time. The extra hose, that used to connect to the turbo inlet hose, will now connect to the fitting that was cut off. The other end of the fitting will be connected to an extra length of hose, that is included by perrin, that will be connected to a T fitting which will connect you into the crank case vent line. The Crank case vent line is connected to the long black metal tubes going across the stock top mount intercooler.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Blast from the past on this one, but hey thats what the search function gets ya :)

Is this step in the install the same as the WRX as in this STi?

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts