ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the simulator installed today, and my old PEP Eliminator removed today.

My CEL is off (still) and my scanner shows the sensors ready except one, catalyst - not ready -. the 02 sensor one is fine (used to say not ready w/ PEP)

will this fail me for emissions? i'd have to imagine that if the catalyst sensor is not ready, they're not going to let it fly.

anyone else w/ a scanner and the perrin simulator? is this normal?

dR

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I thought that the simulator was supposed to fix the "not ready" status... It might just take a while of driving (some number of driving cycles) before it will show "ready" again.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Drive it around for a week and then recheck the IM flags. Some of them take quite a while to run. P0420 is one of them.

I don't know how they do it where you are but, in NY a not ready IM flag isn't cause for failure. Even after we transition to the newer procedure, a not ready IM flag will just mean the tailpipe actually has to be sniffed. Any car without catalytic converters fails based on the visual "emissions tampering" portion of the inspection.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My Perrin simulator didnt work. I get a PO420 every time I cruise over 60 mph. I bought the pieces for the mechanical CEL fix last week and just need to find time to install them.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not too worried about the visual. the places i'll go will give the benefit of the doubt (if you know what i mean). in MA, i'm pretty sure they won't complete the test if any sensors read not ready. i'll give it another week or two. i don't have to test till september.

wtf happened to the OBD II code database? it used to be in the engine performance sticky.

dR

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It's still there- http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72907 I miss finding things in there too sometimes since it has been condensed.

These OBD II computers are getting harder to fool all the time. I've noticed different cars ecus have different personalities. :eek3: Some run a test 5 times in one drive cycle and others will not run the same test for a month given the same operating conditions. Spooky, I think they are alive sometimes.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think mine may not be working because of the Unichip or because I still have the second cat. I think one of those two factors is making the simulator simulate incorrectly.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
i have problem too, i was just driving back from work and the CEL just pop up. I installed the Perrin Eliminator last week and the red light is blinking so i assume i did it right. And now all of a sudden i get the damn CEL back. I'll go to Autozone tomorrow and check it but i'm pretty sure that this is PO420 since i've never had any other CELs
I'm so pissed now:mad: :mad: looks like i just wasted $90 for that damn eliminator

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've probably had mine in for 1000 miles before the CEL finally went out. Try resetting your ECU and just living with it. I'm not even sure if my CEL went out or whether the bulb just died . . .

You spent $90 on it!!!! Where did you buy it? Everywhere I looked had it for $50 plus shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts