ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have taken a whole bunch of pics and written up a tutorial but it is a very straightforward install. The directions are fairly clear. It took me and a friend a couple hours this afternoon to do. We could have gotten it done quickly but kept getting distracted.

It just consists of taking the intercooler off and then splicing into the factory wiring below the intercooler. You do not need a jack or anything. Some tips for the install would just be to make sure you have plenty of wire before the gray plug because I ran pretty close to the plug. Have some wire strippers on hand and do not use a knife to strip the wires because we wasted a bunch of wire because we would cut too deep and cut wire strands off. I grounded the simulator on the empty bolt hole directly behind the turbo side of the intercooler and then zip tied the simulator to some hoses near there. The hardest part of the install was muscling the intercooler back into the car. The turbo piping did not want to seat over the turbo.

I havent really driven the car much with it on but will write a followup to see whether the simulator will work as it is supposed to. My girlfriend's uncle runs an emissions shop so I'm going to have him OBDII scan my car to see if I get the "not ready" cat error or whether it shows up that I have a fully functioning emissions system.

-Bobby

·
Registered
123 Posts
neeeed help fast

ok so the wrx is in pieces. just noticed that i got no instructions with the o2 simulator from perrin. its brand new but all i havea is a warranty paper. ok. so i need directiopns asap please for the install. anyone help. car is in pieces buttt dont kno what wires to get into.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts