ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
generally pulleys seem to make a difference on auto cars and trucks as a whole, would this be a good mod to do, while I am in getting my uppipe installed?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Don't mess with it, I don't think Cobb stage 2 package is tuned to work with the lightened pulley. Either way, I heard it's a very, very tricky and time consuming install, and I really wouldn't go with it unless you want to be a pioneer (no 4EAT'er that I know of has run cobb stage 2 and lightened pulley)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I was a cobb stage 2, now a stage 2.5 with vf34, when I installed my perrin lightened pulley. Ive never had any problems whatsoever with it. It feels like the revs increase quicker through the higher rpms than they did previously but it might just be in my head.
The tricky part is breaking the bolt lose for the first time and then trying to tighten it without the crank rotating. I used a break bar taking it off and then borrow this tool from my local subaru dealer with just a deposit (got my money back after) that prevents the crank from spinning.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
i have run cobb stage 2 with perrin pulley, i had to take it off cause now my car missfires easily, i put the stock one, it missfires occasiocaly but w/e, just dont get a lightned pulley my car feels stronger with the stock pulley, lightened pulley just wear the engine faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts