ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw on perrins web site that they are now offering a complete rotated turbo kit which includes just about every part needed for a complete set up for 400hp to the wheels.
I have had no experience with this companys products and just looking for some info about there reputation and quality.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Some people recommend against this.

I would go with the TurboXS one ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people recommend against this.

I would go with the TurboXS one ;)
its just that this kit is a good price for just under 7k, you get a gt30r rotated kit, header, AP w/perrin maps, fuel rail kit w/ injectors, intake, boost tube, boost control solenoid, front mount intercooler, bov, i hop im not forgeting anything.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i dunno 7 grand for that kit seems pricey it seems that you could pick better parts for less

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
You'd be a fool to use Perrin's map for a setup like that other then a start up map to possible pull onto the dyno IMHO.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Perrin is hecka expensive. Look into greddy, turboxs, etc. cobb and perrin are pretty good just very pricey

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of power are you shooting for???
after i upgrade the rotating assy. i want to make sure that i have the right parts on the outside to support 500awhp. it looks like this kit will do it with the right tunning

·
Registered
373 Posts
after i upgrade the rotating assy. i want to make sure that i have the right parts on the outside to support 500awhp. it looks like this kit will do it with the right tunning
hmm. thats gonna cost you. but good luck my man. what kit are you looking at again. i kinda got confused.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
perrin offers a complete setup with stuff like the rotated 30r or 35r kit with the fuel upgrade, fmic etc... i know the stock internals will start to fail over 400hp. and the kit is designed to make 400 to the wheels, the point of the thread was to find out about perrins rep. and the quality of there products. im not looking for a cheap build but i am looking for a reliable one.

·
Registered
373 Posts
perrin offers a complete setup with stuff like the rotated 30r or 35r kit with the fuel upgrade, fmic etc... i know the stock internals will start to fail over 400hp. and the kit is designed to make 400 to the wheels, the point of the thread was to find out about perrins rep. and the quality of there products. im not looking for a cheap build but i am looking for a reliable one.
then my friend im going to tell you to stay away from perrin. im not to sure about Just there turbo kit. but there other products havent held up to well around here. if i were you i would check out APS. thats some good ****.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
then my friend im going to tell you to stay away from perrin. im not to sure about Just there turbo kit. but there other products havent held up to well around here. if i were you i would check out APS. thats some good ****.
dude aps is my first choice but that stuff is super expensive, i looked up what a tsr70 kit would cost with all the extra stuff you HAVE to buy to make it work it got pricey. 1st. you have to use there header 2nd. you have to buy a $500 intake, not to mention everything else... but they do make a fine product

·
Registered
373 Posts
dude aps is my first choice but that stuff is super expensive, i looked up what a tsr70 kit would cost with all the extra stuff you HAVE to buy to make it work it got pricey. 1st. you have to use there header 2nd. you have to buy a $500 intake, not to mention everything else... but they do make a fine product
im acutally putting together a 400whp project myself. and im using parts from A LOT of different companys. Its taken me almost 4 months to figure out exactly what i wanted to use, i spoke with tons of companys and my tuner. it takes time. i wouldnt say to go for one company or the other, but deffinatly think about the kind of power you want and the parts you need.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What exactly is your goal here? You talk about both 400 and 500 HP as goals...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i totally agree, i live in the chicago land area so i have two shops to deal with grd performance who is a heavy supplier of aps products so they of course say aps is the way to go. and then there is p&l motorsports, who makes there own rotated kit so they say theirs is the best. its just impossible to believe what anyone says. all i know is i want to be at 500hp to the wheels

·
Registered
373 Posts
eventually i want to be at 500, i was just mentioning that the stock bottom end cant handle much more than 400.

no no no. haha you can hit 500 whp with your stock engine... but your engine life will go down the tubes. If I wanted to go that far i would upgrade my internals and port my heads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts