ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got an 04 WRX sedan and it is bone stock (got to keep that warranty) and I just got Perrin Catback exhaust and when I bolted it up, first the extra bolts they sent didn't fit because I still have the stock downpipe. So I called them and they said to use the stock hardware but flip it to the other side of the flange. Thought that would solve the problem but as you've prolly guessed, it didn't. I ended up gettin nuts and bolts from the hardware store and bolting it up that way. Then the other problem came, the rattling noise! Whenever I drive the car and there is any engine break, there is a loud and vibrating noise coming from the exhaust right below the armrest area. Took a peak under and it looks like the 3" tubing is just too big and hits the under side of the car! Need help! Should I just wrap it in heat wrap? And why doesn't Perrin say anything about this in the instructionos or their website? Or did I do something wrong? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i had that problem a bit w/ my perrin (back when I had a perrin)... I just adjusted it over in the stock hangers to get it away from the spot where it was rubbing the undercarriage... no more problems.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
^^^Me too..

What I did was undue the one hanger bolt on the Perrin (Midway between the Turbo and Midpipe) and Pushed the D/P towards the drivers side and tightend it down while holding it in that position,

Worked like a charm!

The only REAL problem I have had with a Turbo back was the dam Diff Guard was to close to the Midpipe after the Perrin install and I had to hack a chunk out of the guard:mad:

Oh well

Shotgun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MustGoFast said:
i had that problem a bit w/ my perrin (back when I had a perrin)... I just adjusted it over in the stock hangers to get it away from the spot where it was rubbing the undercarriage... no more problems.
I tried moving the exhaust over in the hangers but even when you move it so far that the tips are like 3 ins off center in the back, it doesn't free up any room. I'm starting to think maybe they bent this one wrong? I talked to the Perrin guys and they don't seem to know what might be the problem so I have to send them pics of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally gave in and took it to my mechanic who promptly jacked it up and adjusted the hanger on the downpipe which fixed the problem :D in about 15 min. Mechanic: 1 Me: 0 :wiggles: BTW it sounds awesome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts