Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I emailed Perrin and they said no retune is required with their intake can anyone confirm this? Thank you

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,589 Posts
Perrin have actually already answered your question -- they won't fix your engine if it blows up... so... um... either don't use their intake or map the car to use their intake IMO.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
This topic has been beaten to death. You asked so I assume you've read the heaps of information as to why you need a tune for it yet don't want to do it.

You can absolutely install the intake without a tune, how long your engine lasts is a toss up

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Need to understand that the "no tune needed" is a gimmick and marketing scheme used by companies to push products on unknowing people. But thankfully, forums such as here, with knowledgeable people and great informational threads are here to help you.

It's up to you if you take the advice or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate you guys I’ll pass and just upgrade the stock box with a k&n filter and call it a day

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,589 Posts
Appreciate you guys I’ll pass and just upgrade the stock box with a k&n filter and call it a day
I question whether the K&N is an upgrade. I suspect the majority of data show the stock filter is better at capturing particles. Just have a look around at used oil analyses if you're concerned and/or interested.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ive had K&N filters, cone and panel on 10+ cars. 4 cyl to V8. 10,30,50,100k miles never had any detectable dirt behind the filters an nothing noted in any Used oil analysis on any of my cars. Never had a problem with the MAF sensors being coated or fouled by oil either even when the filter was positioned right next to the MAF.

Not to say it cant or doesnt happen but if you clean them correctly and dont get nuts with the oil you should be fine.

as always Your mileage may vary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts