Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just went through a day of absolute craziness with an AOS install on my 2018 STI.

I bougjt the Perrin AOS marked to fit 08+ STI.

Long story short, the instructions in Perrins product are really for previous generations of the car. Perrin even admits they are not good for 15+.

After getting everything hooked up, my car ran like it had a significant vacuum leak or couldn't vent the crank case pressure anymore.

After troubleshooting with Perrin, it turns out that PCV location must be changed on 2018 STI vs previous years.

For lack of product supoort, Perrin did not apologize or anything. Simply responded that many people have installed this product and so be it.
Shortly after, they changed their website to no longer show 2018 STI for the AOS fitting.

If you have a 15+ STI, I HIGHLY Recommend looking into IAG or Crawford for an AOS setup. Perrin needs to be boycotted until they fix their install instructions. This whole conundrum turned a 3 hour install into 8.

Pics attached show their new website format, where the instructions show to place the pcv, and proof that It had to be relocated in my car to run.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RichD514

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Yeah that sucks man. Hopefully you get it figured out. For what its worth, IAG's AOS is supposed to be the best on the market. I had one on my last wrx, and in the spring when I go for my pro tune on my STi, I will be having one installed then too.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It was all figured out by changing where the PCV sits

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts