ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Air Conditioning, when turned on, has an adverse effect on performance. When turned off, the WRX can accelerate faster, etc. Is there a time period that once the A/C is turned off, the car needs to "get" that power back, or is it as soon as you turn on/off the A/C there is a difference?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
The instant that you turn off the A/C the power is there. The loss of power is felt because of the additional load put on the engine when it is required to turn the A/C compressor.

Once you turn off the switch in that electrical circuit, the A/C compressor clutch will not engage/actuate and your engine will thank you for it! :)

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
HI all

I've been lurking in this group for some while and have gotten lots of info and ideas for my WRX thanks tons!

Subaru put that air conditioning button in the right place for racing. Just shift into first and it's right there! I live in AZ and it's DAMN hot here so I never turned off the A/C. I got the idea to see what the car could do with the A/C off before my MBC. All I can say is WOW! :eek:

I love this car!

Darksaga

1 - 4 of 4 Posts