ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are two springs that I have heard lots of good things about. I know the H techs are a little bit lower. My big question is which will give me better performance or will it be about the same. I am planning on doing whiteline F/R 22mm bars in the future to go along with the springs, and new tires when I wear out the crappy stock ones.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
There really isn't that much difference between the two. Very similar rates and drop, but the Tein's have *slightly* higher spring rates and a bit lower drop. For those two reasons I would also give them the nod as being a bit better as far as performance is concerned.

Ultimately both are great springs and I'm sure you will enjoy the lower, stiffer ride.

·
Registered
884 Posts
i have springs on my car and i want to go back to stock. i love the handling and ride compaired to my friends stock suspention on his wrx but where i live theres to many pot holes and places to bottem out on. when i had 4 people in the car i scrapped my exhaust a few times. :(

·
Registered
684 Posts
H Tech's on MY05 wrx for the past 22K miles and Im still very pleased with the ride/drop/performance. I say give them a try, they are pretty cheap now too!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I think I will get the H techs. Quick question though, JSC Speed is the cheapest place to get them, right?

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
i have springs on my car and i want to go back to stock. i love the handling and ride compaired to my friends stock suspention on his wrx but where i live theres to many pot holes and places to bottem out on. when i had 4 people in the car i scrapped my exhaust a few times. :(
Try a set of STi take off springs. They're a tad bit higher.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
fkarkvan said:
Thanks for the replies, I think I will get the H techs. Quick question though, JSC Speed is the cheapest place to get them, right?
I've heard that PMing JSCSpeed on here can sometimes yield you better deals than on the website - worth giving it a try ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually PM’d them (in the past week) but was too impatient so I called them… They said they don’t get on much anymore (they did end up sending me a PM after talking on the phone). I simply called them and told them I was a member of clubWRX.net & they gave me a deal right off the bat. Just a little FYI

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think this is because most aftermarket springs really aren't for handling, they are primarily for looks and handling is a distant second. They try to walk a line between drop and stiffness. Since looks is the primary concern, they drop a lot and increase the spring rate a little. Of course you are going to bottom out. That's why I went with the RCE springs for my wagon. The drop is very mild at only 15 mm front and 10 mm rear and the spring rate is 20% higher than pinks. So I don't expect bottoming out (they will be installed in a couple weeks). RCE also makes a "regular guy" spring set for the wrx (non wagon) that only lowers a bit and is 10% stiffer than pinks. If you have good dampers they shouldn't be harsh. Again if you are going to make it lower you need a higher spring rate and if you are going to make it a LOT lower you need a LOT higher spring rate. At some of the drops I see, it seems like you'd need 600 pounds per inch to not bottom out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I PM'ed them through NASIOC and they replied within a day and gave my a pretty good deal. Thanks guys, I think I will wait to install them until I get my sway bars next month. Whiteline F 22mm and R 22mm adjustable with whiteline rear endlinks sound like a good combo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts