ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed a vishnu stage zero kit on their wrx??? im saving up the money for one, and all the info i could get has been pretty much exhausted on the other message boards.
apparently no one with a stage zero has measured their 1/4 or 0-60 times, so if anyone has input, that'd be great

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Yeah,

I love how everybody raves about the Vishnu kits, but I haven't seen any track times. The first thing I would do is take my car to the 1/4. I can't wait to my uppipe and go back to the track. There's a little Grand Prix (see the 14.05 Grand Prix post on WRX vs World) whose ass I want to whoop. I think the new uppipe would put me in the clear even I don't drive my best.

-Jim

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i read that thread on the grand prix. if u want to beat 14's, a new uppipe should do the trick.

on vishnu racing's website, they claim the stage zero should bring you to 13.8's. i'd think with all those mods you could do low 13's? and how about the 0-60 time? oh well, even if i don't find out about it, im still saving my money right now to buy the stage zero :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
With TurboXS stage 2 kit + using my HPMBC set at 16psi, I was putting out (4.4 -4.6) 0-60s G-tech runs. It was incredible.

Stock Stage 2 set up using bleeder valve 5.0 -5.2 0-60s

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are awesome times! even though the stage 2 costs more than vishnu's kit, do u think it's worth it to pay the extra cash, or should i hold out until later upgrades

·
Registered
708 Posts
They are showing HP gains on a 2WD dyno when the WRX is AWD?

Just curious?

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I actaully have the vishnu performance stage 0 kit and so far Roberto and I only had time to install the spark plugs and the pulley. Even with those two mods both Roberto and I can already feel the quicker spool up. I played with the 0-62.5 on my HKS Turbo Timer type-1 and I got a 5.62 on my 2nd try (first try I scrweed up and got a 6.3x). The gaskets just got shipped out so hopefully either Roberto or I can get the uppipe, ecu, and the boost controllers in our cars. Shiv is an awesome person if you have any questions about Vishnu's kit you should call Shiv and he'll help you out. I thin if you get the vishnu kit + a turboback exhaust you should be able to get 285hp w/o any problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The reason the WRX is on a 2wd dyno instead of a 4wd dyno is because i don't think that they have a 4wd since those are pretty rare. To map the cars, Shiv converted the WRX from awd to front wheel drive. Also when you tune a car for engine gains it shouldn't really matter what kind of dyno you use, since you are looking for power from the engine not the drivetrain. Or in other words, you are maximazing power either way, 2wd or awd, from the engine so a gain in power is a gain in power. That's why race teams or engine manufacturers sometimes use engine dynos to test their engines, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Roberto

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, ur right.

thats because its the % gain that you measure when ur on a dyno. differnt dynos may give out diffrnt hp measures, depending on type (2wd, 4wd) and other factors. so when u look at performance gains, always compare stock vs % gain measured on the same dyno, that way u get an accurate account of what ur car is producing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
just a reply in reguard to bertos comment about engine dynos. in a perfect world, what you said would definetely be the case. you do some work to your car, put just the engine on a dyno and see that you have gained 50hp, sweet! unfortunately, this isnt a perfect world, and unfortunately, the awd drivetrain eats up power (30%???), and drivetrain lose differs from car to car. its great if you have a 300hp engine, but it sucks if for some reason only 100hp is going to the wheels. whp is what really makes you go,more so over engine, and if you are really interested in go fast times/acceleration, be sure to compare that more so that just what the engine is putting out.

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S4Guy said:
just a reply in reguard to bertos comment about engine dynos. in a perfect world, what you said would definetely be the case. you do some work to your car, put just the engine on a dyno and see that you have gained 50hp, sweet! unfortunately, this isnt a perfect world, and unfortunately, the awd drivetrain eats up power (30%???), and drivetrain lose differs from car to car. its great if you have a 300hp engine, but it sucks if for some reason only 100hp is going to the wheels. whp is what really makes you go,more so over engine, and if you are really interested in go fast times/acceleration, be sure to compare that more so that just what the engine is putting out.
yup, thats what happens alot of times. when a manufacturer says "50hp" or whatever, make sure they're specifying whp, or else you won't feel a true "50hp" gain and be dissapointed. just something to watch out for, especially when there are so may claims out there that give Xhp. not that i'd think anyone from clubwrx would fall for it, but if ur looking for that kind of person, check out the ri*cer message boards ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I Gteched my Stage 0 on flat,smooth,straight road with a perfectly 0'ed Gtech

Results:
0-60= 4.54 seconds
1/4= 13.11 seconds

Before Stage 0:
0-60= 5.1 to 5.3 seconds (w/EBC only)
1/4= 13.55 to 13.85
Actual Track 1/4= 13.710

Awesome improvements!!!!

Doug

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
0-60 in 4.54??? 1/4 in 13.1??? you gotta be sh*tting me! lol

wow, that is really freakin fast. i can't believe that stage zero can make the car go like that. its just a unichip, uppipe, lightned pullys, and an MBC...how the heck does it add that much PWR?? not to say im trying to disprove you, its just that im incredibly shocked by the numbers you're telling me it gets. (this makes me even more anxious to buy the kit)

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Yep, shiv knows exacly what he's doing so don't worry about it. If you have any questions call him and he will answer all your questions. Ahhh i can't wait to get the kit on my car :)

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, neither can i. my only problem is 1.) getting it shipped all the way from cali to houston, tx, and 2.) getting the kit installed - i dont have the tools to do it, and i don't want to pay some shop to do the work for me, cause id like to learn more about the car by working on it myself.

·
Registered
212 Posts
those were Gtech numbers. I did everything possible to ensure it was as accurate as possible. I leave it at that...

If you dont like the whole values...you can at least check out the deltas when comparing before and after. I know how to launch my car REALLY well, so that helped too. When I ran that, everything felt sooo good. I mean I could really tell I was ROLLIN'!!

Come Feb 22, I should have some real track numbers to post.

Til then, 13.11...:)

Doug

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Shiv Vishnu is the FREAKING MAN!!!

dug-e-fresh,

You should take your car to the 1/4 with your gtech and dial it in.
Once you get the vehicle weight nailed down, you can trust it for everything. I've got to get one of those things! I just wish it would come down in price to about $120 shipped.

-Jim

·
4,769 Posts
Personally I feel more confident with Turbo XS and their tuning ability. I have seen them work firsthand and now that I have my new front mount intercooler in, I'll be heading there for another tuning session. They also have an AWD Dynapack dyno which is MUCH more accurate than a conventional roller dyno.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts