ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thiniking about putting a performance chip in my 08 wrx and ive had mixed anwsers from people....is it a good idea or no? thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
I am unaware of any performance chip so my answer would be "no." See link in my signature for more info.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
i was thiniking about putting a performance chip in my 08 wrx and ive had mixed anwsers from people....is it a good idea or no? thanks
Post a link to what you're looking at, but I can already tell you no.

A protune will upload a custom map to the factory ECU, leaving the hardware completely unchanged. Two popular options are the Cobb Accessport if you want something dead simple to use, or a Tactrix cable and opensource software if you want something far cheaper, but not quite as user friendly.

Sent from my Droid 2

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
chip it yo!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
BOV ftw

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay is chipping if roughly doing the same thing as running a new map and speaking of maps any suggestions of what kind of map I should run with a Cobb short ram intake and a magna flow exhaust.

Thanks for the help guys I'm kinda new when it comes to cars. I'm very handy so I can install parts but when it comes to information and what kinda things I should do to keep it healthy(make the car last long) as well as getting good performance out of it

Again thank you guys a lot for the help. I'm also located in the Philly suburbs so if anyone is looking for a quick buck message me your number and something I don't know how to install ill call you and have you do it. Thanks!

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
First up, take some time and use the search function. This forum is loaded with quality info about your car and the many options you have for maintaining it and modding it.

As you surely get by now, you do not "chip" this car. It's all about getting an ECU tune that fits the level of modifications you have for your car. Your current mods are such that you are currently built for a "Stage 1" tune. This can be had via purchasing a Cobb AccessPORT for your model year, getting a Tactrix cable and going open source, or taking it to a professional for a tune. Cobb is the simplest and has an OTS tune set up for their SRI you already have installed. (The Magnaflow is just a noisemaker, it likely adds no power). For more power out of Stage 1 a pro-tune is the best way to go.

From there you can research the power gains and the options for a mod path here in this forum. Ask questions and do your research, and you will end up with the results that you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts