ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
its not political,,, its about us all in general... throwing a mexican flag here,,, (so No political) and i'm not mexican. There were equal democrats and rebublicans in all of the buildings... the party lines have to stop,,, ,, I lost a friend in it,,... and I am scared to watch the vid I am posting on,,, I have seen many videos and it just hurts,,, Besides us Terrorists killed 350 people and KIDS in Russia,,,, Stop with the party line BS and just call us americans,,, there are some russians overseas that need some help right now..... peace out

·
Registered
715 Posts
Our media is asleep at the wheel. Fewer and fewer newspapers. The ones that are left are sync'd up with our TV stations spouting the same ideas. Whatever our government gives them... that's what they show. Crap... they need to get off their ASSES so we learn the truth. Who cares how bad it whatever happened is... just friggin point it out so we can move on. No sense hiding it. (Didn't something like this happen with the Oklahoma City bombing? Two seismic spikes... yet only one bomb. Something like that.)

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the video. (I mean, if the 757 didn't hit the Pentagon, were did it go?) I'm just saying it would just be nice not to have to debate this ****e.

TO OUR PRESS... WAKE THE FK UP AND DO YOUR JOB YOU LAZY A$$HEADS!

*On Grimm's side note, the Russian situation is truely sad. I can't even explain how enraged that situation has made me. It's amazing what humans do to each other.

Back on topic... thanks for the vid, it was well worth watching. Of course, I read slow so I would have appreciated them slowing the video down... but whatever... cool vid. Laters...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I am a gas turbine technician trained by the USN. I have3 been in the field of power generation for almost nine years. I can tell just by looking at the picture of the "engine component". It is a turbine rotor, not a turbo prop or waht ever the hell they were yapping about. The nose cone is incorrect. Generally aircraft engines are a multi shaft configuration. One shaft within another. The outer shaft is attached to the engine compressor and the first couple of stages of turbines. This allows the turbine to drive the compressor at a very high rate of speed. The inner shaft would extend through the engine to the front where a turbo fan would be installed. Being the turbo fan wouldn't have to spin at the same speed as the engine compressor. This is the reason for attaching it to later stages of the turbine assembly on a different shaft. The shafts are always hollow. This provived many functions. One: less rotating mass, Two: provides means for oil and bleed air to travel with in the engine. The bleed air is generally tapped off of a later stage of the compressor to provide cooling for the turbine blades. So what you are seeing in the picture of the mysterious piece is a first stage turbine rotor. The size of the blades and the coloration on the metal depicts this. In addition the thickness of the blades tells me that they are hollow. This is where the bleed air exits to cool the tips of the blades. Not all stges of the turbine have this. Generally only the first two or three stages. This is due to the fact they are closest to the combustor. The end cap is actually the twisted shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts