Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pentagram on rear diff

Anyone notice if they have a Pentagram on their rear differential?
I do. Is my car evil?
If my car is not the car of Satan- what's it there for?

Just curious.

Rick

·
Registered
641 Posts
Your car is evil, please drop your car off at my house with your keys and title. It will be disposed of.

Thanks,
LostLamb

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHAHA- you guys crack me up.

Serious though I'll take a pic this weekend, unless someone can get one up sooner. (please do, cause I'm very lazy)

It's kinda interesting though- at first I thought it was the jewish star then realized it was what I used to draw on my desk in 7th grade next to Ozzy's name.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Really? I didn't know there was a pentagram there- what does it mean? Maybe that's why the WRC cars spit fire and brimstone out the tailpipe?

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
2003Platinum said:

It's kinda interesting though- at first I thought it was the jewish star then realized it was what I used to draw on my desk in 7th grade next to Ozzy's name.
LMAO. Those were the days.

They all have them. Subaru rear diffs have had them forever. I have no idea what the significance is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yea i got one, noticed it when i was installing my blitz nur spec cat back. i scratched it off with a hammer before i lowered the car...hehe :D . dunno what the hell its for, but yea spooked me, scratched that **** off.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Dude, PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Perhaps its something from Japanese mythology? Check out all this crazy crap that came up when I searched Google using the terms Subaru Pentagram:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=subaru+pentagram&btnG=Google+Search

Here's a picture from Ravensblade, looking from directly underneath the diff. The drain plug is the bolt closest to the top of the picture (closest to the ground) and the pentagram is directly to the right of it in the photo (top right). This would be just to the left of the drain plug near the bottom of the diff housing if you were viewing the car from behind.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Here's mine, looking from right under the right rear corner of the bumper, through my diff guard. The pentagram is just to the left of the drain (bottom) bolt.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just dawned on me what that star could be...

Rising sun...

Japanese national flag is a red star. So...it could be the Japanese rising star symbol.

Or Subaru could be secretly practicing the art of Satanism.

You decide...

Your car is in your hands...

-LostLamb

PS. I always thought Subaru drivers were MAD CRAZY fools. :D

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
closer....

·
Registered
118 Posts
GV27 said:
Perhaps its something from Japanese mythology? Check out all this crazy crap that came up when I searched Google using the terms Subaru Pentagram:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=subaru+pentagram&btnG=Google+Search

Hahaha, there is definitely some strange stuff that came up in that search.

Results of a finding:"... To seal this promise he kisses Subaru's hands and places the inverted pentagram sign,
that is the mark of the Sakurazukamori, upon them. Subaru is now 'prey.'. ..."
Subaru is now prey :confused:

Anyways, I found the origins of the name Subaru and why it was chosen. http://www.subaru-global.com/about/origin/

[edit] some further looking into this may find some interesting stuff

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hmmm...well, looking through the 16 pages of Google results netted only one remotely interesting connection. Onthis page, there is mention of a character named Sumeragi Subaru. It says that the pentagram is the "kekkai" (couldn't find translation) of the Sumeragi clan. Of course, this is anime, and I doubt it has anything to do with the reason the pentagram is on our rear diffs.

It might be completely unrelated to Subaru. I'm guessing they outsource parts manufacturing to other companies. It's quite possible that whoever manufactured the rear diff cover put that into the mold. Or perhaps it was just one guy having a good time at work. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
:eek: :eek:
Holy [email protected]! That's freaky. I think it is probably some engineer/company having fun and messing with people. I wonder if this is just on MY01+ wrx's of if it's on all subarus or.. I know that some computer dorks (like me) who design breadboards and circuit boards etch their name or face on the board somewhere. AMD used to do it back in the day on their chips. Had a little dude's face on there. Kinda humorous :D

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
I heard they outsource some of their manufacturing to the slave labor of the damned, residing in Hell- for all eternity they toil endlessly constructing Subaru parts with the knowledge they will never be allowed to drive a WRX, the gnashing of teeth ensues.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Damon said:
:eek: :eek:
Holy [email protected]! That's freaky. I think it is probably some engineer/company having fun and messing with people. I wonder if this is just on MY01+ wrx's of if it's on all subarus or..
No. The Pentagram goes way back. My buddy's '86 GL-10 Wagon had one. In the exact same place.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts