ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 wrx and the rear chip guard is peeling and dirt is getting stuck under it. I have a white car and after i clean it you see the dirt clear as day. I went to the dealer and they said Subaru won't let him replace it. He told me his detail deparment could clean it but never called me back. I cleaned it today and this is what i got. I thought about just removing it all together. I think it's useless.
photo (2).jpg
photo (3).jpg

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It's fine to remove it. It's basically like a clear bra that comes on the car. Mine's DGM so you can hardly see it, so I just left mine on...for now.

The dealership probably can't replace them because (to my knowledge) they're applied while the car is being built and dealerships most likely do not have access to them. I'd just remove them and you'll be good to go.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Mine is coming apart on the left side of the car.

You can remove it like an clear bra.You may have to heat it up a bit with a hair dryer(don't go crazy with the heat) & if there is stubborn adhesive use 3M adhesive remover.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But is anyone else removing theres? I dont wanna be the only one. lol. I feel like I do it and rip the paint off

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I've only had my car a few weeks, and mines still looks good.. So I won't be removing it anytime soon. If you know of a place that does road block they could probably redo it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts