ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 WRX

I am planning on getting a 20G, FP Green, or a T3/T4 hybrid and running a maximum of 18 psi on any of them. Which injectors should I get? The end target is 350 - 400 whp uncorrected.

I plan on spraying a 50-75 shot on top of this setup later on down the road.

·
Banned
566 Posts
scoolbuzz said:
2002 WRX

I am planning on getting a 20G, FP Green, or a T3/T4 hybrid and running a maximum of 18 psi on any of them. Which injectors should I get? The end target is 350 - 400 whp uncorrected.

I plan on spraying a 50-75 shot on top of this setup later on down the road.
Wow that is a pretty big goal for uncorrected. I have a 20g on my sti and hit 391 whp corrected and am running 650 cc injectors with a 255 cc fuel pump. What do the sti injectors flow if it less than 650cc than go with the 650cc injectors. (maybe even bigger :confused: )

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Re: Re: PE650s or STi Injectors?

subbysti said:
Wow that is a pretty big goal for uncorrected. I have a 20g on my sti and hit 391 whp corrected and am running 650 cc injectors with a 255 cc fuel pump. What do the sti injectors flow if it less than 650cc than go with the 650cc injectors. (maybe even bigger :confused: )
The corrected number would be with nitrous.

The STi injectors flow 555 - 565 ccs I believe.

How many lbs of boost are you running?

Do you want to sell your STi injectors?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
At that boost level STi injectors would be fine. But modded stockers are free and could also work. Any change in injector size will require scaling for the ECU via reflash or piggyback controller.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: Re: Re: PE650s or STi Injectors?

scoolbuzz said:
The corrected number would be with nitrous.

The STi injectors flow 555 - 565 ccs I believe.

How many lbs of boost are you running?

Do you want to sell your STi injectors?
I believe USDM STi injectors are 480cc and STi pinks are 550cc.

·
Registered
553 Posts
*shameless plug of one of my projects*

a while back when I was still in the nerdery that used to be NASIOC aftermarket forced induction I wrote a utility to tell you all sorts of interesting crap... including needed injector size (the figures this spits out assume you don't want to go past an 80% duty cycle) and fuel pump needs and stuff.

http://alexperformance.com/Downloads/Calculator.xls

direct link to the file (you will need a copy of excel)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512707

link to the thread

If anybody has the time to play around with this I've got a few things I've needed to add for awhile floating in my head. But alas I don't really have the time or a copy of excel.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Why do you want such a big turbo for low boost? Unless you plan on using the spray all the time the lag will kill you driving around town. I think there are some better spooling turbo that can put you into the high 200's HP before the spray. From what I have seen a 50 to 75 is going to net closer to 75 to 100 hp. At that high of power levels, you will start to break things for sure. Unless you have a built motor and tranny.
BTW the STi should work for the power you want here, but if your buying a new set any way go with the 650's for safety. If you want a cheaper way send out your stockers to RC and have them "bore" them out, and flow match them.
MCL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts