ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st race: stock 03 Cobra....I know this one was stock. I beat hime thats why I know. We both had 1 passenger and we went from 40mph. I'll admit I jumped the honk from being soo nervous but I pulled him to 110mph by 1 car. I was soooo pumped but little did I know my night was not over....

Sti: mods

pe 1820
pe850cc
utec
perrin fmic...other bolt ons.
dynod at 336whp and ran a 12.4 at 110mph

We also ran from 40 mph and we both left the jump on time and through second because my 2nd held longer I pulled ahead and my 3rd is wicked and I held that through his 3-4 shift. My 4th continued to pull and hold ground on his 4-5 shift. At 120 mph when we shut down I had 1 car on him. He was at my rear bumper. Real cool guy and we chatted for awhile. I was loving life at this point....Big turbo'd sti and finally a cobra in one night....all I can say is whoa..

Not every night you get races of this caliber...I love this area. If you go hunting you catch game... :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel all warm and fuzzy right now...It's nice when cobra owners dont lie about their mods...

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Jesus man, nice kills!!!!

You need to get some videos -- give the girlfriend a job in the passenger seat;)

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I am truly waiting (kind of on the edge of my seat) for you to have to upgrade tranny, axle, or some drivetrain part. I mean I dont want to sound like I'm wishing you bad luck...but how much abuse/racing can all those stock parts really take?

Nice kill and keep on having fun.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Nice runs! You really do have a lot of 'potential' floating around all over the place!

I'm still a little hesitant about running after Cobras though...Never know if you'll barely pull, or if they will tear ish up on ya!

Sti is about what I would expect as well.. The short gearing and 6-speed nature of the tranny hurts them for highway racing imo. Too many shifts to be made...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats what he was saying. I can hold my gears longer then his...Kinda sucks. I have an analog camera, I need to get a digital one and start taping. I could have one hot website full of kills and even some got killed...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sounds like reaction time played a big part with the 1st race. Remember, a tenth of a second difference in reaction time corresponds to about a carlength in distance by the time you reach 120 mph. But 0.1s is nearly undetectable, so its more likely that you got a 0.2-0.3s jump. Nevertheless, good job.

·
Registered
237 Posts
God nice kills, you just keep finding these puppies. This just further more makes me inpatient in getting my 20g.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Nice kills! Which map were you running on? I need to find you out on LI one of these days! We should go cruising.... what's better than getting killed by 1 wrx.... getting killed by 2!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
axion7606 said:
nice race! shows that the 6 speed is not a good drag tranny. which some seem to believe.
Well actually...losing a rolling race would mean that the 6 speed may be faster off the dig because it has shorter gear ratios, just a thought.

P.S. If there are any planned races (especially with members from the board) feel free to pm me or something and I'd be willing to bring my cameras. :wiggles:

·
Registered
302 Posts
it just seems 6 speed yer gonna have to shift into more gears going down the 1/4 mile which you really dont want cause that takes 10th of a second to more pending on drivers. and every 100th seconds counts when yer racing.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm always down ...your car sounds like a beast too w/341whp...wow on pump too.

Jonik,

You will love your 20g...good luck tuning it.

I was on my 21 psi map....I have yet to run my bigger map. I am a little afraid too...

The sti owner said that he has to shift into 5th for about 10mph during the quarter...Six speed is not a good racing gearbox...I like my 5th, I just have to make it stronger. Par gearset here I come :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts