ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
The second video is what i imagine every time an 16 year old kid says I don't drive like that. Except with more fatal crashes.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best is when they introduce themselves on the forum and tell us they’re not like every single other kid their age that we’ve seen on the forum during the past 18 years. Oh, no, not them! They’re responsible and highly skilled.

Ugh.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
I remember when i was 18 and responsible. I had me, my brother and my best friend in my 89 lebaron gtc hauling ass at over 125mph down beaver road on my way to big bone lick. It was the moment i learned what brake fade is

·
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the dampers through the front towers on the nose of a Fiat X1/9 because I was much more mature than kids my age (so the physics of yumping and landing and yumping and landing again didn't apply to me). I also rolled a Lada Niva because I was really mature and wanted to inspect it for exhaust leaks.

I definitely never speeded though. Too mature for that.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
I want one of the stereotypical Russian ratty ladas. I can oy hope they are as death trap like as I imagine.

·
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was decent actually. The windows broke but I don’t recall much damage otherwise. The glass just kinda shattered into small pieces. The Niva was good and the 2105 that was essentially a Fiat 124 from the 1960s was good enough to stay in production until... 2015. The 2105 steering was hopelessly heavy and creature comforts like AC were only available if your destination offered them — the car certainly didn’t — but you could get a front air dam, a rear spoiler, and matching wood steering wheel plus gear knob for a nice looking 2105. There was also a Group B version!

The Niva was roomier that the Suzuki SJ410 but the latter was more luxurious. It’s just that Japanese spares are really expensive whereas Lada spares are not.

The FWD Ladas were meh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts